Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-17-2020, 09:21 AM

Default Random Notes from the Namm show…

You all have already discussed folders and Luna so I'll hit some other minutiae.
(Not sure if it's been mentioned already but ARA Is on the drawing board.)

No RX8 advanced is imminent.

Soothe2 is out with a new algorithm, CPU efficiency upgrades, and a very fair upgrade path.

Melodyne will release a major update later this year including a hyper improved tempo mapping algo…

Waves brought out their next gen vocoder (making me glad I just picked up the inspire bundle),
much deeper then iZotope VocalSynth 2,
and beating Dennis from Zinaptiq to the starting gate.

On a smaller note, but very important for us who bought into the DLS server DSP solution-
Mick Oleh said a SoundGrid update is coming soon and will allow compatibility with all version 11 plugs.

Antares is sticking to their guns of bringing out their own authorization center, and no longer supporting ILock;
I told Henrik with that change, plus the ridiculous upgrade prices, would stop a lot of long time buyers from ever upgrading again,
especially considering all of the high-quality alternatives out there.

On the Geek-Fan-Fest front, there was Alan Sides, Bob Clearmountain, and Dave Hill;
(who maybe surprising to some, who on these boards usually ascribe a preference on Heat of setting it at 10 o'clock and 2 o'clock -
the creator prefers his at 2 o'clock and 2 o'clock.)

Also, when querying Clearmountain about two of my favorite effects of his- the modulation on the whispers during China Girl,
and his tape flanging tones; the former he credits to an old MXR flanger box, long out of production, but says he knows who created it,
and would try to add it to his already really good plug-in.
On the latter he says next to reel tape flanging, which I agree, like amp sims, have never been (de)coded correctly,
he feels the Eventide DSP 4000 got it right, and again he would pursue adding it to his plug mixing chain.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Random Notes from the Namm show…

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-22-2020, 10:58 AM

Default Re: Random Notes from the Namm show…

Nice
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.