Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2010, 08:28 AM

Default PT9 on Win 7 64 joy

Just a wee post from the far north of Scotland to say I've finally upgraded from V7.4 to V9 (I ordered a boxed version) and first impressions are very favourable. Clean install on new PC (i7 CPU, 8Gb ram, Win 7 64bit, 3 physical HD's etc.) Did some of the PC system tweaks and all the iLok transfer stuff OK and after an initial fail connecting my Digi002 via the mother boards FW port (I fitted a 3 port FW card) all booted up fine first time. I was quite apprehensive after all the V8 mess, but this is looked very good and so far stable without any errors. Love the multi client general system audio facilities. (at last).

Well done Avid! (now if only you could release a sensibly priced control surface to replace both my Digi002 and Allen & Heath 24:8:2 recording desk, I be a very happy bunny!! - something like a C24 but half at the price ;-))
Old 11-27-2010, 10:38 PM

Default Re: PT9 on Win 7 64 joy

Allen7Heath has a brand new firewire console that has a motorized fader option. Since PT9 should be able to use that for IO, you might want to check it out

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-28-2010, 01:01 AM

Thumbs up Re: PT9 on Win 7 64 joy

I must way Win7 64bit with PTS9 is very nice, I had big hassle getting PTS9 activated, however PTS runs well on a Win7 64bit.

Win7 sees all my memory which 6gig, my processor use to run at 70 -80% running BFD2 with PTS8, now it runs at 15-20% which is awesome!!!
Old 12-02-2010, 06:31 AM

Default Re: PT9 on Win 7 64 joy

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Allen7Heath has a brand new firewire console that has a motorized fader option. Since PT9 should be able to use that for IO, you might want to check it out
Thanks for reminding me about this one. Good call!!