Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 12-27-2007, 09:11 AM

Default CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?PC PRO-TOOLS NOT RECOGNIZING SOUND CARD

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME!! I just recently bought M-Powered Pro Tools 7.3 for PC, but when I tried to open it , it does not recognize my external M-Audio Premobile USB sound card ? >.Which is supposed to be compatible with M-Powered Pro-Tools PC...(My sound card is working fine in my computer with other software like Acid Pro, Reason 3, ect )

My golden question is what should I do in this case escenario? Do I need an extra sound card for this problem? Please anybody out there help me out Thanks

rockero71
Old 12-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Avid

Default Re: CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?PC PRO-TOOLS NOT RECOGNIZING SOUND CARD

Quote:

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME!! I just recently bought M-Powered Pro Tools 7.3 for PC, but when I tried to open it , it does not recognize my external M-Audio Premobile USB sound card ? >.Which is supposed to be compatible with M-Powered Pro-Tools PC...(My sound card is working fine in my computer with other software like Acid Pro, Reason 3, ect )

My golden question is what should I do in this case escenario? Do I need an extra sound card for this problem? Please anybody out there help me out Thanks

rockero71
Did you install the latest drivers for the Mobile Pre from the M-Audio website?
Old 12-27-2007, 10:56 AM

Default Re: CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?PC PRO-TOOLS NOT RECOGNIZING SOUND CARD

Yeas I did, but could you tell me which ones? I installed the one that is on the CD and it works normal with all the other programs like Acid pro, reason 3 ect , but after I installed the M-Powered..rebbot teh computer & try to open it...I keep getting this message saying ..not recognizing hardware..."????

any hints?
Old 12-29-2007, 03:55 PM

Default Re: CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?PC PRO-TOOLS NOT RECOGNIZING SOUND C

i had the same problem installing m-powered with the firewire 4/10 on a friends computer last week.

the drivers on the included cd worked, but not when i tried to run Pro Tools.

head over to m-audio.com and download the lastest drivers, it should help to fix you problems!

good luck,

jordan