Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 02-23-2020, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Reason 11 in Windows as VST3

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Sardi:
Did you try both the regular Patchwork and the instrument version? I don't know what the exact differences are but IIRC Blue Cat people have said the instrument version was better optimized to host instruments.

If you look at the pics I posted, you can see the AU is on an Instrument track with Patchwork Synth and the VST is on an Audio track with the regular Patchwork trying to instantiate the Reason Rack Effects.

I also tried them the other way. Same results. No bueno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-23-2020, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardi View Post
If you look at the pics I posted, you can see the AU is on an Instrument track with Patchwork Synth and the VST is on an Audio track with the regular Patchwork trying to instantiate the Reason Rack Effects.

I also tried them the other way. Same results. No bueno.

I have looked and I can't see anything obvious that says/shows the au version is on an instrument track.

QAPLA!
Old 02-23-2020, 05:13 AM

Quote:
I have looked and I can't see anything obvious that says/shows the au version is on an instrument track.

Not that it really matters, but there’s a keyboard on the track in the AU pic which means it’s an Instrument track.

The plugin also says Patchwork Synth, but granted it’s small. I have pretty good eyesight soooo...

Old 02-23-2020, 03:13 PM

As I mentioned at the outset, I just don't get what the P-heads are thinking. Why delay AAX? It includes a HUGE potential market for them, especially if they allow VST hosting with AAX version of the rack. If they don't, its just another VI or processing plugin. Sure, some of the VI's that come in the RE format are nice, and some of the plugins too, but the power of the Reason rack is how it is so easy to combine many things into one massive VI or processing combination. Why they don't get this just baffles me!

Old 02-23-2020, 03:53 PM

Who makes more baffling decisions? Propellerheads or AVID?

Hmmmm...

Old 02-23-2020, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
As I mentioned at the outset, I just don't get what the P-heads are thinking. Why delay AAX? It includes a HUGE potential market for them, especially if they allow VST hosting with AAX version of the rack. If they don't, its just another VI or processing plugin. Sure, some of the VI's that come in the RE format are nice, and some of the plugins too, but the power of the Reason rack is how it is so easy to combine many things into one massive VI or processing combination. Why they don't get this just baffles me!
Vst sub hosting in the plugin rack will not come any time soon, sorry to say.. Maybe reason 12 or 13.

The new midi out rom rack feature will allow it to connect with aax stuff though, so let's just hope they release a native aax.. as said, they are apparently going to make it happen. Apparently.
I can find the post for you on the forum if you like talking about their facebook updates.

Edit, here

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtop...487029#p487029
Old 02-25-2020, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNM View Post
Vst sub hosting in the plugin rack will not come any time soon, sorry to say.. Maybe reason 12 or 13.

The new midi out rom rack feature will allow it to connect with aax stuff though, so let's just hope they release a native aax.. as said, they are apparently going to make it happen. Apparently.
I can find the post for you on the forum if you like talking about their facebook updates.

Edit, here

https://forum.reasontalk.com/viewtop...487029#p487029

I'm with Jack on this one, I'll believe it when I see it! At this point, I'm not sure that AAX version alone will make me jump. What I want, and what I know MANY have wanted ever since Reason 9.5 came out with VST hosting, is for VST hosting to available within PT with Reason in slave mode (Now as a plugin). The reason is simple: Reason offers a unique and simple way to combine multiple VI's and plugins in one rack that offers rich sound design possibilities. As I've said many times, once Reason allowed VST hosting, it became the most powerful VI out there, because it is, in effect every VI combined however you wish.

So, will I jump at JUST aax? I doubt it. AAX and VST hosting - that's a no brainer!

Old 02-25-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
I'm with Jack on this one, I'll believe it when I see it! At this point, I'm not sure that AAX version alone will make me jump. What I want, and what I know MANY have wanted ever since Reason 9.5 came out with VST hosting, is for VST hosting to available within PT with Reason in slave mode (Now as a plugin). The reason is simple: Reason offers a unique and simple way to combine multiple VI's and plugins in one rack that offers rich sound design possibilities. As I've said many times, once Reason allowed VST hosting, it became the most powerful VI out there, because it is, in effect every VI combined however you wish.

So, will I jump at JUST aax? I doubt it. AAX and VST hosting - that's a no brainer!
VST hosting within Reason Rack would be nice but not necessary for me though I can see why you and others would like it. I don't think it's going to happen though as from what I've read the Propheads have all but expressly said it isn't going to happen. They keep saying there's some technical reason (sorry about that) why but won't elaborate.

AAX Reason Rack? I'd be all over that like stink on runny cheese. I'd love to have Thor back in action without having to screw with Rewire. That and the Reason Abbey Road Keyboards refill

QAPLA!
Old 02-25-2020, 10:57 AM

Quote:
VST hosting within Reason Rack would be nice but not necessary for me though I can see why you and others would like it. I don't think it's going to happen though as from what I've read the Propheads have all but expressly said it isn't going to happen. They keep saying there's some technical reason (sorry about that) why but won't elaborate.

AAX Reason Rack? I'd be all over that like stink on runny cheese. I'd love to have Thor back in action without having to screw with Rewire. That and the Reason Abbey Road Keyboards refill

Rewire never bothered me all that much. I never understood why it was only a one-way street, but that's another issue. I still use 9.5 via Rewire so I can use some of the RE VI's.

Old 02-25-2020, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Rewire never bothered me all that much. I never understood why it was only a one-way street, but that's another issue. I still use 9.5 via Rewire so I can use some of the RE VI's.
My headaches with Rewire & Reason are well known.

I don't know what happened but when I first encountered Reason when I had my Sonar on Windows system and the original Reason I had no problem getting things to work together. But getting it to work smoothly with any version of PT has been nothing but a nightmare. That's why I'm glad to see Rewire go the same way 8 inch floppy discs have gone

QAPLA!