Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 12-03-2019, 01:45 PM

Default reFX Nexus3 Finally here Yayyyyyy

Yes it is here and improved a super lot but a paid upgrade which will be NKS within a few weeks! No more eLicenser. Cloud Only!

https://refx.com/

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-03-2019, 01:59 PM

Default Re: reFX Nexus3 Finally here Yayyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Yes it is here and improved a super lot but a paid upgrade which will be NKS within a few weeks! No more eLicenser. Cloud Only!

https://refx.com/

Looks like the upgrade will be $99. I'm glad to see they've gotten rid of the eLicenser dongle and you can activate online. Still, as you know, I've not had a good experience with reFX. I may not jump on this one.

Old 12-03-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
Looks like the upgrade will be $99. I'm glad to see they've gotten rid of the eLicenser dongle and you can activate online. Still, as you know, I've not had a good experience with reFX. I may not jump on this one.
You know my offer should you change your mind. Sorry to see more disgruntled people when I googled Nexus3 updates and some who been called Pirates by refx for having installer issues etc.

Don’t know why they have soo much issues with users. We never had an issue and the update from Nexus2 to Nexus3 was great. The cloud looks up your expansion folder and updates All the expansions and installs NKS updates for all their libraries. We have em all (150-ish GB) ut it took 15 minutes or so to download all that and install so you can do everything in the cloud app now which is great.

Lotsvof awesome new sounds presets included in the updated library so no issues here atleast..

Let me know if you wanna do what i offered before as we still have that here

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-04-2019, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
You know my offer should you change your mind. Sorry to see more disgruntled people when I googled Nexus3 updates and some who been called Pirates by refx for having installer issues etc.

Don’t know why they have soo much issues with users. We never had an issue and the update from Nexus2 to Nexus3 was great. The cloud looks up your expansion folder and updates All the expansions and installs NKS updates for all their libraries. We have em all (150-ish GB) ut it took 15 minutes or so to download all that and install so you can do everything in the cloud app now which is great.

Lotsvof awesome new sounds presets included in the updated library so no issues here atleast..

Let me know if you wanna do what i offered before as we still have that here

Appreciate that Christopher. If I understand the upgrade correctly, I should be able to just download and upgrade and not worry about the eLicenser at all. As long as I have Nexus 2 installed (which I still do), it shouldn't be an issue.

That said, I'm not rushing out on this one. I'll wait til the New Year at least!

Old 12-18-2019, 02:19 AM

Cool Re: reFX Nexus3 Finally here Yayyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
I've not had a good experience with reFX. I may not jump on this one.
Same here. Most of the people from support has been nice, but there is one guy wich has not
He seems like a small king that thinks the customers are there for him and not the other way around. I was even threatened with a lifetime ban after getting frustrated with a Blast from Hell issue some years ago.
I tried to point out that I only got this issue when using a particular version of Nexux 2, but he told me I had no business making assumptions about Nexus being the problem.

He made me feel both small, stupid and frustrated with his poor support skills.

Well, after a long awaited update to Nexus2 the Blast from hell issue dissapared.

Although I use Nexus2 alot in most of my sessions I probably will be skipping this version.
Old 12-18-2019, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdee View Post
Same here. Most of the people from support has been nice, but there is one guy wich has not
He seems like a small king that thinks the customers are there for him and not the other way around. I was even threatened with a lifetime ban after getting frustrated with a Blast from Hell issue some years ago.
I tried to point out that I only got this issue when using a particular version of Nexux 2, but he told me I had no business making assumptions about Nexus being the problem.

He made me feel both small, stupid and frustrated with his poor support skills.

Well, after a long awaited update to Nexus2 the Blast from hell issue dissapared.

Although I use Nexus2 alot in most of my sessions I probably will be skipping this version.

The one thing that gnaws at me, though, is that I've already invested quite a bit cash with Nexus between the actual purchase of Nexus itself plus several of the expansions. I can't use Nexus right now because my elicenser dongle got lost somehow and reFX would not allow me to simply transfer my license to a new dongle unless I re-purchased Nexus 2, which I found utterly ridiculous and told them so.

Now that Nexus 3 has done away with the need for a dongle that might justify paying the $99 upgrade cost to get N-3 and the use of all my prior purchases of expansions. I'm still not sure yet.

Old 02-17-2020, 09:29 AM

I used to love reFX but I had the worst support experience I ever had in my life with a dude named Adam there.. So condescending and rude.. he basically said RTFM to my support request.

All I asked was how to de authorise a machine as I could not find info in the refx cloud manual about that. That's it.

I literally looked hard to find the info. You would think when refx have a page solely to the cloud authorisation it would be there, but it isn't.

So instead of just telling me "log out of the cloud on that machine" and be done, he lectured me and then found a specific reference in the full product manual in one tiny section of it.

I was returning the 16" macbook and I simply said, "I am desperate as apple are picking up the machine tomorrow and I just wan't to know I have done enough.. I can't see a de auth button anywhere in the cloud app, and I can't find the info how to do it.. I have logged out of the cloud app on that macbook and formatted it for return. Is that enough to clear the activation"?

It took three emails to get him to say yes, rather than lecturing me on how dumb I was. I am still shocked about it. Michael never treated me this way.

I told him to close the request if he wouldn't put Michael or Eva on, as I refused to ever speak to him again. So he closed it. Tool.

I really, really wanted my money back at that point, but it's a plugin that I use often as it has such little cpu load and some really great patches for instant inspiration. Manuel has always been polite to me too, but this Adam guy is a serious a hole. The sad thing is that Michael and Eva would probably jump to his defence rather than reprimanding him, as that is how the world is working in 2020.. screw the customer, they can suck up to us devs instead and MAYBE we will help them when we feel like it. This really is how it is for 80% of the industry now.