Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 02-17-2018, 04:31 PM

Default S6L Aux Sends disabled on Show load

I've been having an issue with Loading show files.
After doing small edits with the Standalone Venue software, I load the new show file and all my AuxMon sends show up disabled. The levels are stored, but for some reason the 'On' status does not load properly.
I realized that the Standalone Venue editor is at 5.6.0.239 and the console is at 5.5.3.30.

I am preparing to update the console, but wondered if anyone has seen this issue and whether the update fixes it. I do not find any reference to it as a known problem in the Docs.

I should mention that I'm using control events to turn on the Auxes when I turn them up and they go off when turned down. Event set to 'While Active'.

Beyond that I wonder if anyone has any comment on the 5.6 update in general?

Thanks,

Tim Roberts
Old 02-18-2018, 09:34 AM
Avid

Default Re: S6L Aux Sends disabled on Show load

Events do not get automatically activated on show file load or on event creation. So if you have an event that turns a send on when it's up, then this event won't be activated on show file load with levels already up. Event will only get activated when level goes down (to "deactivate" event) and then goes back up (to cause activation).

This is not a bug, and this events behavior was there for ages. However this is clearly not ideal and we know it. At the same time automatically activating events sucks as well - just think deep and you will find many cases where this is not desired. So a different solution is already planned to resolve this.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:09 AM

Well sure, I don't want events automatically triggered. But, I would like the State of a control to be recalled as it is saved. That is different.

I should have mentioned that Aux channels that were scoped as AuxFX did load enabled. I'm using the same type of Control event on those.

FWIW, the Send status loads correctly on the Standalone software, which leads me to believe that it's possible that a console update would take care of it. But updates always have the possibility of introducing new unexpected behavior.

I really should be able to Edit a show and have it load everything that was not edited in it's previous state.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:25 PM
Avid

So do you have a show file which loads in a different way between 5.5 and 5.6? I mean did you try explicitly loading the same show you have on different VENUE versions (doesn't matter if it's standalone or console) and got different results? If yes, I would like to have that show file sent to me.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:52 AM

Yes, that appears to be the case.

I created the show file on the console running 5.5. I needed to do some edits to prepare for the next day, so I loaded the show file on 5.6 Standalone and performed my edits. Just renaming some channels and assigning inputs.
When I loaded the file back to the console, all my AuxMon sends were disabled.
Which I discovered at sound check when the band could only hear reverb in the monitors. I tried reloading the show which did not work. So I had to scramble to enable all the Sends for 12 monitor mixes. Which I was able to do fairly quickly by selecting all channels and manually turning them on.
I later went back and loaded the same file back to 5.6(standalone) and it appeared to load correctly, seemed that all sends were enabled.
I plan to do some more tests, but I'll be happy to send the show file.

Thanks for the repies.