Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-16-2004, 12:01 PM

Default \"Why I am upset\" by JaredC

I am upset with digidesign for a few reasons. I am not going to rant and rave, I am just going to talk about the one kick in nuts that gets me vexed everytime I think about it. I got the 002 rack the 1st week it came out. I think it's great although sometimes she gives me problems, but nothing major. I am upset because I bought this product to find out that a few months later they are giving out live, t-racks, and a few other pieces of software that I didn't get. I feel this is unfair to the people who first bought this product, pitched it to their friends, and spread the word of how good of a unit it is. If anyone else feels the same way, let me know. I mean, I am sure digi isn't gonna do anything, but at least I will know that I am not alone.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:09 PM

Default Re: \"Why I am upset\" by JaredC

You are not alone.
Actually I went through great lengths to get my "free bundle" but no dice. I called both IK multimedia and Digi. The IK guy worked with me for a while trying to get the plugs for me but the Digi guys stood fast to their policy that if you didn't buy it after August you don't get anything.

I bought mine in July... So in the end even the IK guy's hands were tied and although he wanted to send it to me the Digi guys would not let him. He told me to find someone with it and copy it! Pretty funny no?

-Chuck D
Old 04-16-2004, 12:44 PM

I am not a 002 user but it is pretty sad day when they are argueing over a few days. If this was old times you would have got the plugs just to make you, the customer, satisfied. I guess the days of satisfied customers are long gone and it is all about the almighty dollar.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:47 PM

I too think this sucks. The people who take the chance and buy their product first get screwed. I can't thin of any other company(not just music) that doesn't offer updates to everyone who purchased the same exact item. It's definitely over money, that I can assure you. It always is.

It's not that those plugs are great, because they aren't. They are only limited versions of them, but what really sucks is the awesome upgrade that IK offered. That's what upset me the most. Now the new 002R people get Amplitube and T-Racks for $299 and we have to pay $799. I would rather buy Waves Gold for that kind of money. It hurts IK also, because you'd have to be stupid to pay that for 2 plugs of their caliber. I'd rather have a PODXT and Waves Renaisance or Waves Gold if you already have the PODXT like I do.

www.myspace.com/monkeywrenchmusic
Old 04-16-2004, 12:51 PM

Some states have price protection laws but that does not come into play here I don't believe.
Even Apple will work with some who buy one day and have the price drop the next. But only to a certain point. Apparently Digi feels that "too bad so sad" is the way to go. THAT is sad.
One way to cure them of this practice is to preach the wait and buy later mantra. Once the sales of a "new" item tank right away, the bundles will be broken out sooner...then...we can all partake....not just the looky loos that waited while you beta test Digis new hardware. Guaranteed that once Pavlov Dog gets ahold of their ways of doing things, the bundles will come out with the introduction instead of months later when Digi needs a cash infusion and a kickstart to drive sales up.
Old 04-16-2004, 03:07 PM

I understand your feelings. It's annoying and unfortunate when you don't quite make the cut. I am facing a similar problem in the future with Antares Auto-tune. They are providing a free upgrade to their forthcoming version, but only to users who purchased exisising product after a certain date. I miss that deadline by a few weeks. Will they accomodate me? We shall see...

As far as IK's upgrade of Amplitube and T-racks LE to full versions go, you should contact Jason Cory (I think that's his name -- do a DUC search for Jason and IK Multimedia to be sure) and see if he can negotiate a deal of some sort for you. I bought the Digi 002 soon after it came out, which came with Amplitube and a light verision of Sampletank, but no T-Racks. I saw their recent promotion -- if you have LE editions of Amplitube and T-Racks you can upgrade both to full versions for $250 -- and wondered if I could get in on it. Jason couldn't get me quite the same price, but provided a reasonable discount, enough that I upgraded. Sometimes you won't be able to get the same deal, but some companies will work with you.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:23 PM

While it does feel unfair it is always been that way.
You buy a CD player when they first come out and 5 years later they sell for half.
You cellular contract sucks compared to the non contract current day versions.
The reason businesses offer special offerers is to gain market share. If they go back they would lose money. (I know you think they would not but they would)
Once they have you they are thinking about the next guy not you.
Not new to PT though.
I bought the bundles for a great price and for that I was great full.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:43 PM

I have this digi thing but I dont need it and am not interested in the upgrades for it

Can I transfer the ownership for them ?

If i am allowed Id sell em for cheap
Old 04-16-2004, 07:45 PM

Just to add fuel to the fire, I just read that for anyone who now buys any of the LE products that the D-Fi and Maxim plug-ins are now included with the sale.

FatBelly Slim

Oh no, not the sprinklers again.
Old 04-16-2004, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Just to add fuel to the fire, I just read that for anyone who now buys any of the LE products that the D-Fi and Maxim plug-ins are now included with the sale.

FatBelly Slim
Oh yeah how about an upgraded

.......No No ... fight ing temptation ......... must not spend any more..........

ARGHHHHHH