Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2010, 09:46 PM

Angry Session import Modifier Keys Inconsistency

Ok, does this really not bother anyone else ??... when importing session data.. selecting additional, other, or deselecting tracks from the import session.. the modifiers to use are unrelated at all to apple standard, or Protools standard..
select an additional track without deselecting Should be SHift.. select all should be Option, etc... etc.... Should be the same as selecting tracks in the edit window.... NO ? The import track window is the opposite of intuitive...

Am I missing something ? or is this a known complaint.....

or am I on drugs ?

Just a 10pm spontaneous frustrated outburst from a veteran user...
Old 10-12-2010, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Session import Modifier Keys Inconsistency

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyT View Post
Ok, does this really not bother anyone else ??... when importing session data.. selecting additional, other, or deselecting tracks from the import session.. the modifiers to use are unrelated at all to apple standard, or Protools standard..
select an additional track without deselecting Should be SHift.. select all should be Option, etc... etc.... Should be the same as selecting tracks in the edit window.... NO ? The import track window is the opposite of intuitive...

Am I missing something ? or is this a known complaint.....

or am I on drugs ?

Just a 10pm spontaneous frustrated outburst from a veteran user...
Actually, it should be COMMAND-click to select non-contiguous track.
Shift-click selects all in the selected range.
Option-click is not the mac select all -- only in protools mixer.

It's not perfect, but once you remember that you don't have to hold down command, you can simply click away. I do wish this dialog box could be expanded to full screen, like normal dialog boxes.