Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2011, 10:25 PM

Unhappy 002 not found in Core Audio/Macbook won't start

Hello, I'm new here. Came by this forum because I am about at the end of my rope trying to get my 002R to work!

My set up:

Macbook Pro, late 2008, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo w/ 4GB RAM
OS 10.6.6 ("Snow Leopard")
Digidesign 002R (last letter of serial "E")
Do not use ProTools - use Logic (why I have the standalone Core Audio Driver- was using whichever version was available late 2008 when it was working last, then it stopped working so I downloaded v8.03 and then tried 7.4.2)

Last night I had this working fine. I was able to record audio into Logic without any problems. At that time I was using a 1-foot long 9-6 pin Firewire cable. Today I switched this cable for a 6-foot firewire cable. Since then I cannot get my computer to find the 002R. The Core Audio Driver keeps saying the HW cannot be found. I don't think this is the new cable's fault though, because when I switch back to the 1-footer it still doesn't work now. I am currently using Core Audio Driver v8.0.3 and all it keeps telling me is "Digidesign HW: Unsupported device. Status: Not Connected (HW not found)". HW Setup is grayed out.

It is causing another really big issue: I thought maybe I just needed to start the computer with the 002 already switched on to help it find the hardware, but whenever I do that the computer stalls on the gray apple screen. On rare occasions it will load past that but the screen turns blue like it's about to load the login screen but it stalls on the the blue screen. The SECOND I turn off the 002R my computer will start working again. This also happens if I log all the way in to the desktop and turn it on then. The entire system will freeze/stall. I turn off the 002R and it starts working again suddenly.

The 1394 light in the back comes on fine, so I do not believe it is the Firewire port. It seems more OS/software related. What could be causing this? I don't understand why it suddenly won't work when it was doing very well last night.

Also: When I open up Activity Monitor I notice that MOTUFireWireConsoleLauncher is still running. I cannot get it to quit. I've already uninstalled all the Digi software I can.

Can anyone help me with this please?? I would really, REALLY appreciate it! Thank you so much.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:22 AM

Default Re: 002 not found in Core Audio/Macbook won't start

Also, I did try troubleshooting. I reset the PRAM and also created a new admin account, no success.