Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2008, 09:36 AM

Default Pro Tools 7.4 LE Midi Note and Waveform Display Issue - Please Help

AMD Athalon 1.3GHZ
Windows XP
Pro Tools 7.4cs5
2GB of RAM
M-Audio Axiom 49 and MPD 16
1 IDE Drive and 2 SATA Drives

I've been having two quite fustrating issues since upgrading to 7.4 I could use some help with is possible.

1) When recording audio the first, I don't know, few seconds or not represented via an on screen waveform. What I mean is that I can hear the audio playing, but there is no waveform there whatsoever; only silence. After a few seconds within the region I have waveform that is displaying the audio accurately.

The audio is playing in time, no issues there. This is happening in situations where recording begins exactly on the one and where a bit of time elapses before the first note or vocal has begun. Again, in both cases it seems to finally "catch up" and actually displays the waveform.

2) I use PT as my midi sequencer and I'm having a slightly similiar issue with midi as well. In 7.4 when I record exactly on the downbeat after the metro has run the first note is never captured. I understand that I could be hitting the note silghtly before actual recording begins, but I've NEVER had this issue with any other version of PT.

In addition to that, there have been times when it does capture the first note on the downbeat. However, while I'm able to actually see the midi note while recording the rest of the run when I stop to playback that first note disappears. In both situations I'm forced to go back and draw in the first note.

I've gone through all of my preferences and transport options and haven't been able to pinpoint what the issue is. I've installed the cs5 update, but nothing has changed. I'm not sure if it matters, but I had not installed any of the cs updates until cs5. Maybe there was something in earlier updates not included in 5 for this?

I really would like to continue working in the 7.4 environment. Please help.

Win7 64 Ultimate - Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66GHz - Gigabyte EX58-UD3R - OCZ Gold 6GB - Radeon X550 256MB Video Card - 750GB Caviar Black System, 500GB Hitachi SATA Sample, and 750GB Caviar Black Audio - 500GB Caviar Blue Backup - Pro Tools 8.0.4 LE - Signature Series Digi 002R