Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2010, 08:13 PM

Default A few random questions about some problems I'm having

Lately I've been having some problems with pro tools loading up. After the session opens, sometimes it will sit the and act like its loading. Sometimes the beach ball wheel spins. Its almost like pro tools locks up. When this happens, it can take anywhere from 5 seconds to 1 min to fully load and be completely functional. None of the controls work while its doing this. Its probably something that's supposed to happen, but I dont recall it happening in the past. Also, is there always a delay in how long it takes to switch hardware buffer settings? For me it can be a fast thing or take a long time at which it acts like its locked up, but in the end isn't. Lastly, Ive been messing around with the free sansamp plugin. Whenever i stop the session, the sansamp plugin will create a few high pitched sounds. If I disable or bypass the plugin, the sound doesn't occur when I hit spacebar to stop the session. Anyone have one or all of these problems?

Sorry of some of these questions are way too "noobish."

Thanks
OS 10.8.4
Pro Tools 10/11
M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8r
BX8A's

Tons of software, lots of good mics, tons of storage space