Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2017, 01:21 PM

Default Waveshell 9.91

Has anyone had issues with the new Waves waveshell 9.91? I recently upgraded because of a new purchase and after installing the new version Pro Tools would restart and crash every time I exited PT. This stopped if I moved the waveshell 9.91 AAX plugin to my unused plugins folder. I contacted Waves and they suggested a complete uninstall of the previous (9.6) waveshell and then a new install of ver 9.91. I instead reverted back to ver 9.6 and it works fine but now I would be unable to add any new plugins that are released. Just checking to see if anybody else had problems.

Larry Green

PT 12.4 Native, Win 7 SP1 64bit, i7 4.0 GHz, 16 GB ram, WD Black HDs 7200 RPM
Old 04-25-2017, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Waveshell 9.91

Sorry this isn't much help, but it seems fine at my side. We have pretty different specs though:

PT 12.7.1, macOS 10.12.4. 8 GB RAM. Don't have my other hardware details to hand right now, but it's a slower MacBook processor than you have.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:14 PM

Yep, getting it here as well on the most recent version of Pro Tools HD.

Mark
Sharktankpro.com
Mixing, Mastering and Record Production

Last edited by biasrocks; 04-25-2017 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 02:55 PM

2 full days here without issue. The only "fly in the ointment" here came when I switched from 2 graphics cards to a single card(all nVidia stuff and using the same 3 screens at 1920x1080). With the single card, Waves Central opened as a big black box(so you couldn't do anything with it). Turns out this is a holdover from Waves past issues with multiple screens. If I unplug 1 screen, Waves Central opens and works fine. When I finish my update and installing the new stuff I bought last week, I just plug the 3rd screen back in and all is well

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 04-25-2017, 05:24 PM

All good here so far, W10 Pro, PT12.7.1.

Did you trash Preferences etc.? That could be the issue. After any change with anything even remotely to do with PT, it's best to trash Preferences and Databases, empty the Recycle Bin, Reboot and rebuild your Preferences. Using Trasher or PT Prefs Helper makes this easy.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 04-25-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgreen100 View Post
Has anyone had issues with the new Waves waveshell 9.91? I recently upgraded because of a new purchase and after installing the new version Pro Tools would restart and crash every time I exited PT. This stopped if I moved the waveshell 9.91 AAX plugin to my unused plugins folder. I contacted Waves and they suggested a complete uninstall of the previous (9.6) waveshell and then a new install of ver 9.91. I instead reverted back to ver 9.6 and it works fine but now I would be unable to add any new plugins that are released. Just checking to see if anybody else had problems.

Larry Green

PT 12.4 Native, Win 7 SP1 64bit, i7 4.0 GHz, 16 GB ram, WD Black HDs 7200 RPM
I had a problem with Waves NX after upgrading, I uninstalled Waves, then deleted all waves folders in DATA/LOCAL folder but kept the Waves folder in Program/Data folder as I believe my licenses sits there not sure. But anyway after all that with a re-install everything was fine again....
Old 04-25-2017, 08:26 PM

Yes I repeatedly had issue with the downloads downloads even after following all the advice in the error links

I contacted Waves support and they gave me to a link for a direct downloader (note ; this was 3.2GB Zip file) and also included additional things to try just incase that failed to work

I then unzipped the 3.2 GB file to my desktop , and then opened waves central..,

In waves central - in the left hand panel I was able to direct WC to the opened file on my desktop ..., and I could then select the individual waves plugins I wanted to install simply and easily
Pro Tools 2021.6.0 Native * Slate Raven MTi-1 Version 3.9.1 * AVID MBox3 Pro * OSX Mojave 10.14.6 * MAC PRO (late 2013) * 3.0 GHz 10-Core Intel Xeon E5 * 64 GB Ram 1866 MHz DDR * AMD FirePro D700 6GB * Lacie LBD 1TB Thunderbolt 2 PCiE * Blackmagic Multidock Thunderbolt2 * Samsung SSD's 850 Pro * WD Black HDD's
Old 04-25-2017, 08:30 PM

Pro Tools 12.4 Native, Windows 10 Pro with latest updates.
Waves Central says there is an update so I uninstall Waves Central
as a precaution and Install the new version.
Start Waves Central , login and it syncs up saying there are updates available. Updates download,
completes update install and now Pro tools or other daws can't find or see the waves plugins.

Been down this road before. Waves has the crummiest update system I have ever seen.
They want total control of the install and it doesn't always work, it can be a pain in the rrrs

Now I uninstall the plugins through wave central, go into the windows Regedit program and clean all entries
out for waves. Regedit is not for strangers so don't go there if you don't know what your doing.
Reboot computer, reinstall plugins through wave central and all is well.

Yes, I know it is over kill to do it that way but none of the suggested methods I have found ever fix the issue.
Plus from what I have seen in Regedit, Waves updating leaves all kind of old entries in the Windows Registry
and I think that is what screws everything up.

I don't like that there are no choices allowed by the user to manage how or where the plugins go.
Great for Waves but lousy for the user.

Rant over, fine plugins but the update and delivery system needs work.

Last edited by ValkRider; 04-27-2017 at 11:44 AM.
Old 04-26-2017, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seafoam_Green View Post
Yes I repeatedly had issue with the downloads downloads even after following all the advice in the error links

I contacted Waves support and they gave me to a link for a direct downloader (note ; this was 3.2GB Zip file) and also included additional things to try just incase that failed to work

I then unzipped the 3.2 GB file to my desktop , and then opened waves central..,

In waves central - in the left hand panel I was able to direct WC to the opened file on my desktop ..., and I could then select the individual waves plugins I wanted to install simply and easily
That's the offline installer they had you download. It has the older 9.6 Waveshell and an older Waves Central. I wrote about this in a thread here 'more Waves Central follies'. In order to use it I had to unplug from the internet because it would go into it's 'check for updates' routine and update to the latest version which wouldn't run on my 'old' OSX 10.9.5. That's something to keep in mind - WC no longer is compatible with an OSX version older than Yosemite.

QAPLA!
Old 04-26-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
That's the offline installer they had you download. It has the older 9.6 Waveshell and an older Waves Central. I wrote about this in a thread here 'more Waves Central follies'. In order to use it I had to unplug from the internet because it would go into it's 'check for updates' routine and update to the latest version which wouldn't run on my 'old' OSX 10.9.5. That's something to keep in mind - WC no longer is compatible with an OSX version older than Yosemite.
we may end of being the last holdouts on 10.9.5 ... i am unable to install as well ... but i did do the install on my macbook pro .. i will have to fire up PT and Waves and see what happens ..

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro