Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Trasher 10, a PT utility app for Windows users

This is a great 3rd party tool (PT crashes so frequently) but why doesn't Avid provide this as part of PT? It would also be interesting to have a tool that analyses the preferences etc. and provides a summary of the health (and why not compatibility) of your system. Once again, Avid could provide a tool like this. I would think that it could help Avid to keep support requests to the minimum, too.
StudioOne + Cubase (+ Pro Tools for simpler old stuff)
Old 07-23-2013, 06:47 PM

hey Guitardom,

When I use your (awesome) trasher 10.5+ on PT version 10.3.6, I am experiencing the following: When I try to recycle the PT preferences..it tells me the "pt preferences folder cannot be found" but when I look in my recycle bin, the folder appears as if it were located and moved into there. Do you have any idea as to why I am getting this? Am I missing a folder?

Thanks
Lou
Old 07-26-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by louieshowers View Post
hey Guitardom,

When I use your (awesome) trasher 10.5+ on PT version 10.3.6, I am experiencing the following: When I try to recycle the PT preferences..it tells me the "pt preferences folder cannot be found" but when I look in my recycle bin, the folder appears as if it were located and moved into there. Do you have any idea as to why I am getting this? Am I missing a folder?

Thanks
Lou
Hey Louie, Interesting.

When you look in the Recycle bin after deleting the PT Prefs, you should have a folder just labeled "Pro Tools 10" and a file named "DefaultProToolsMIDISetup.dms" IF either of these files is missing, you will get the error you speak of. It WILL delete the file or folders that it finds, but will give you that error to say it cant find something, but not specific as to what.

I am basically done with the new build for 11/10.3.6 Co-install setup. I have modified the error windows a bit that might help some. But have changed it a bit. The actual code though for the 10.3.6 has not changed. Just some modifications. Should be out this weekend if all goes as planned.

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
Hey Louie, Interesting.

When you look in the Recycle bin after deleting the PT Prefs, you should have a folder just labeled "Pro Tools 10" and a file named "DefaultProToolsMIDISetup.dms" IF either of these files is missing, you will get the error you speak of. It WILL delete the file or folders that it finds, but will give you that error to say it cant find something, but not specific as to what.

I am basically done with the new build for 11/10.3.6 Co-install setup. I have modified the error windows a bit that might help some. But have changed it a bit. The actual code though for the 10.3.6 has not changed. Just some modifications. Should be out this weekend if all goes as planned.
Thank you for the reply. I only get the pt folder i do not see the midisetup.dms etc.. file.. Even after a fresh reinstall i still got the error. I will just hold tight until you release the new version. Will you post the link in your signature and or in this thread? And thanks again for this time saver.

=========Correction=====

that midi setup file IS inside of the pT preferences file... AND another thing I noticed is that i believe the error message is displayed a couple milliseconds after another message. I think it is actually successfully completing the command but for some reason, it is still displaying the error message...weird. Hope this helps.

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers
Old 07-26-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Thank you for the reply. I only get the pt folder i do not see the midisetup.dms etc.. file.. Even after a fresh reinstall i still got the error. I will just hold tight until you release the new version. Will you post the link in your signature and or in this thread? And thanks again for this time saver.

=========Correction=====

that midi setup file IS inside of the pT preferences file... AND another thing I noticed is that i believe the error message is displayed a couple milliseconds after another message. I think it is actually successfully completing the command but for some reason, it is still displaying the error message...weird. Hope this helps.
I will have it posted as an update in a couple threads, so no problem and my signature will take you there as well.

I will check this out a bit though as currently I cannot repro it. But IF the files are in the recycle bin, obviously you are good to go!!

Thanks for the info.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-26-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I will have it posted as an update in a couple threads, so no problem and my signature will take you there as well.

I will check this out a bit though as currently I cannot repro it. But IF the files are in the recycle bin, obviously you are good to go!!

Thanks for the info.
Thank you very much.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:

=========Correction=====

Can you verify if you are using build 5.5 or 5.6??
After going through, 5.5 should have your error, but not 5.6.
It would NOT show on 5.5 IF you have PT 11 installed.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-29-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Can you verify if you are using build 5.5 or 5.6??
After going through, 5.5 should have your error, but not 5.6.
It would NOT show on 5.5 IF you have PT 11 installed.
sorry to report it is version 5.6

¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
Old 07-29-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
sorry to report it is version 5.6
No biggie,
I have the update done for 5.7 of Trasher 10.5 and a new build for 11/10.3.5+ done. I just need to create an .exe and they are ready to go. I am debating on whether to setup a website to host all the Trasher builds and be able to easily screen questions and post updates. Of course that takes money, so deciding if its worth it. It is getting a bit tedious keeping track of this as it is now spread out over multiple forums and threads!!

edit: Believe I found another issue on build 5.6 and why it was giving the error. It was not affecting any performance or missing any of the needed files.

pro-tools-pc.com

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 07-29-2013, 09:20 PM

Quote:
No biggie,
I have the update done for 5.7 of Trasher 10.5 and a new build for 11/10.3.5+ done. I just need to create an .exe and they are ready to go. I am debating on whether to setup a website to host all the Trasher builds and be able to easily screen questions and post updates. Of course that takes money, so deciding if its worth it. It is getting a bit tedious keeping track of this as it is now spread out over multiple forums and threads!!

edit: Believe I found another issue on build 5.6 and why it was giving the error. It was not affecting any performance or missing any of the needed files.
Great work.. great program.. and thanks for your time and effort. Don't bother with the website.. you've done enough!

¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨