Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 07:30 PM

Default EQIII automation bug using write to all enabled

I'm getting a weird automation bug with the EQIII that hasn't occured for me with any other plug-ins.

We are mixing films with Pro Control and we use the "Write to all Enabled" button on the Edit Pack with the Plug-In automation enabled and selecting the particular region to write a plug-in settings.

Often times this is done with the automation suspended but when I'm working with some mixers and want to write it quickly, I often just highlight when the transport is stopped and then write my setting without the automation suspended.

Usually this works, but with the EQIII, I'm finding it doesn't properly lock in the setting. Certain parameters are correct but others are not. Also Copying the plug-in parameters from the targeted plug-in window doesn't always work. Certain bands aren't pasting in properly. Again this only happens with the automation is not suspended.

The workaround is simple, I suspend automation. But it is a weird and annoying bug that has caused me a few headaches over the last few days. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed it. I understand it is particular to the way in which we work.

Pro Tools 6.9.1 (NOT using the .dpm plug-ins)
HD 5 System
Mac OS X 10.3 w/64-bit expansion chassis
G5 Dual 2.5 GHz, 1.5 GB RAM
Pro Control
- We "black" our plug-ins, meaning we write a flat setting across the entire session before importing audio.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:36 AM

Default Re: EQIII automation bug using write to all enabled

Are you running the CS version of EQ III ?

Try this first...

http://www.digidesign.com/download/eq3/

Danny Caccavo
Digidesign
Old 12-23-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: EQIII automation bug using write to all enabled

>Often times this is done with the automation suspended but when I'm working with some mixers and want to write it quickly, I often just highlight when the transport is stopped and then write my setting without the automation suspended.<

If you're rolling along and dial in an EQ setting and then stop, with the automation still on, if you now drop the cursor before that point to start a selection, the EQ will reset to the values that were written at the cursor, no? Even if you drag backwards from where you stop the EQ will still end up at the values at the beginning of the selection.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: EQIII automation bug using write to all enable

ah, i think this one is the culprit! thanks danny.

Quote:
Fixes Included from EQ III Plug-In 6.9cs2:

Fixed: The EQ III Peak/Shelf switches for Low and High bands are causing their knobs to send incorrect automation tokens (Item #66441)

The EQ III Peak/Shelf switches for Low and High bands are causing their knobs to send out "latched" tokens when these switches are automation-enabled and an automation pass is done in Latch mode. The result is that automation-enabling EQ III can cause EQ III controls to move in a sluggish manner as well as write unintended automation data.