Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2002, 11:50 PM

Default 192 I/O Analog Input problem

I'm a PT newbie with three 192 I/O's, each with a 192 A/D card, for a total of 48 analog inputs. (The system is being used for concert recording in a remote truck) When feeding 48 analog channels simultaneously, inputs 33-48 show the same signal as input 1. I have checked the I/O Setup, and it appears to be configured correctly. The front panel meters on the third 192 show the correct input, but the corresponding meters beside each fader on the mix page do not. I hope to record a concert on New Year's Eve, so I need to solve this asap, even though my local supplier and digidesign's customer support is closed for the holidays. The third 192 still sees identical input on all 16 channels (on the screen, not the front panel) when the analog input db25's are disconnected from the back. It seems that somehow, channel one is internally routed to inputs 33-48.
www.LiveWireRemote.com
Old 12-28-2002, 06:06 AM

Default Re: 192 I/O Analog Input problem

You didn't mention the size of your HD system. Presumably, it's at least an HD2 -- each HD card supports up to 32 I/O channels. So if you have an HD1, you better get a Process card fast.

If you do have the right hardware, are you sure you've made the right connections? You should have the first 192 connected to the HD core card, the second 192 connected to the Expansion port of the first 192, and the third 192 connected to the first HD Process card. If you've connected the third 192 to the Expansion port of the second, it won't work. Also, make sure your Loop Sync connections are happening.
Old 12-28-2002, 07:42 AM

It is an HD3 (one core, two process cards). They are hooked up as you describe. (with nothing plugged into the second process card) The loop sync looks ok according to the diagram in the setup manual. All the front panel leds on the three 192 I/O's appear to be correct.
www.LiveWireRemote.com
Old 12-29-2002, 10:51 AM

Doug,
Have you tried to:
1. Run Digitest program to determine if everything is connected and seen properly by the computer?

2. If Digitest confirmed everything is OK, have you opened the Hardware setup and clicked on the "Identify'" button on the lower left.

If you have done these things, try this:

1. Trash your Digi Setup file. Make sure ProTools is not open. Once you trash the Digi Setup, shut the computer down, and turn off your interfaces. Then turn your interfaces back on followed by your computer.

2. Now open Pro Tools, and go to the hardware setups again, and with your manual next to you, follow the setup steps. Check your I/O routing thoroughly again.

One more thing. Since you have Two HD cards, have you tried hooking up your third 192 I/O to the second process card so you end up with each 192 connected to one card each? Try it if all else fails. You should not have to do it this way, but give it a try.

Another thing to check out is the playback engine. This is found in the setups pulldown I believe.
With the TDM systems (older) you had to change this when utilizing another mixfarm card for additional I/O, but I do not think you have to do that with HD.

Hope this helps- you got two days left, so I wish you the best of luck. Godspeed!
Dan
Old 12-29-2002, 11:06 AM

don't run digitest.
it is for Shhitt.
I was told this by many digi tech support people at digidesign.
it is ALWAYS out of date. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]