Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2021, 10:41 AM

Default Problem w/ pro tools

I am narrating a novel and using pro tools to do it. I needed to narrate each chapter separately. I was told by someone that I could create one file and place all the tracks inside the one file, and they were right.
However, I needed to go back to each track I completed to make sure each track was up to standards by listening, and then correcting them by removing certain clicks, and mouth sounds I missed when I first edited the track—it gave me this error message.

(Unable to create a new audio file on drive “E” for track “08-Chapter7” because No record volumes designated.)

Could someone please tell me exactly what I need to do to correct this problem? Thank you so much for your time.
Old 04-07-2021, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Problem w/ pro tools

There is very little information provided here, but please check your "workspace" so that your session is in "record" drive instead of "playback" or "transfer" drive. Sometimes you may miss you have clicked use "round-robin" disk allocation and one of your files is not in "record" drive.