Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2011, 06:40 AM

Default drivers and disk cache should be implemented in PT 9.0.7

drivers and disk cache should be implemented in PT 9.0.7

channel strip rocks!!! ...but it is an accessory
clip gain rocks!!!....but it is an accessory
disk cache rocks!!....but it is a stability! which in turn, does nothing to enhance sound or quality or ease of use. all it does is stops your system from crashing.

PT10 has not crashed my system since i installed it. PT9 has on many occasions! why?

look, we all know what happened in the avid boardroom, heres the script

"jack.a#1 "we should charge top dollar and at the same time, release a statement that PT10 will be the last version to support old blue HD systems. so they either buy it as a closure. or move on to the next system. either way, they'll buy it!

avid CEO "damn jack! you disgutin, but what about PT9? shouldn't we at least offer the people who bought it for $300 a pop, some sort of a stable version? hell the software just come out 6 month ago!

"jack.a#1 " well thats the thing, we do release updates, but there all bad!!!"

avid CEO "damn jack! you disgutin!!!

--------------

in conclusion, all we care about is a stable fast system in PT9, just like in PT10...all added perks and accessories such as strike,channel strip, clip gain and HEAT are secondary to our mission, (i know HEAT is not included, but it will be!..... if i follow the rule of " every plug i ever bought from avid has somehow found its way as a free included upgrade"

how about charging us for the perks of channel strip or clip gain, just like HEAt!!!... or how about, not charging us anything at all and be bros, by giving PT9 users disk cache!