Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2014, 01:56 PM

Default 11 Rack Edit Window and Pro Tools 10.3.8

I have a similar issue- I am running PT 10.3.8 and use a 003 and Rack Eleven. I don't want the R11 to be the default engine- so I select the AVID 003 selection and all is well EXCEPT- I can't get the R11 Edit window to appear. It's like it doesn't exist. Running PT8 this wasn't an issue- but now, for some reason I can't seem to get the editor to come up at all. HELP!!!
Old 01-14-2014, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Eleven Rack and PT 10.3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRSWILL View Post
I have a similar issue- I am running PT 10.3.8 and use a 003 and Rack Eleven. I don't want the R11 to be the default engine- so I select the AVID 003 selection and all is well EXCEPT- I can't get the R11 Edit window to appear. It's like it doesn't exist. Running PT8 this wasn't an issue- but now, for some reason I can't seem to get the editor to come up at all. HELP!!!
Do you have the drivers installed for the Eleven Rack? You install them separately from Pro Tools.

www.avid.com/drivers

Do you have the Eleven Rack connected to the computer via USB?

In Pro Tools go to WINDOW and at the bottom you should see Eleven Rack.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-15-2014, 08:59 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Kyle- I am having trouble getting the editor to come up in PT 10.3.8- any help here would be good. I really don't want to go backward to PT8 which worked perfectly for me, but I need to be able to edit my presets and upload them to the R11.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack and PT 10.3.5

Yes the drivers are loaded, yes it's connected via USB tot he computer- I had this running perfectly in PT8, then I upgraded ( if that's what we're calling it) to PT 10 and here we are.
Old 01-15-2014, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack Standalone Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRSWILL View Post
Kyle- I am having trouble getting the editor to come up in PT 10.3.8- any help here would be good. I really don't want to go backward to PT8 which worked perfectly for me, but I need to be able to edit my presets and upload them to the R11.
Please list your system details and exact problem so we can try and help.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-15-2014, 11:57 AM

Default Re: 11 Rack Edit Window and Pro Tools 10.3.8

Mac osX 10.6.8
PT 10.3.8
Running a 003 Factory as the primary PT interface. When I was running PT8 i could get the R 11 editor up within PT. Now that I am on PT 10.3.8- it's gone. It's recognized as a device in the play back engine, but no edit window coming up anywhere.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:10 PM

Have you tried unplugging the 003 just for now so we can troubleshoot the issue with the 11R?

Try using JUST the Eleven Rack. Make sure the drivers are installed.

If you go to WINDOW do you have an option for Eleven Rack?

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 01-15-2014, 06:24 PM

Yup and Yup. It's really weird. I have tried multiple USB cables, Drivers, and unplugging 003 or R 11- nothing. It's like it never was there. I am seriously about 5 hours away from going to PT 8 again and if I need to upgrade in the future it will not be with PT/AVID. There is ALWAYS an issue with something and the whole PT 9/10 launch has been a joke. I run a multi-million dollar software company and have never seen such a poor example of how to manage a product launch and roll out. granted Mac has changed a lot along the way, but this is crazy. Updates are poor and the Rack Eleven is treated like a step-child! It's a freekin killer product- PAY attention AVID!!! WTF. Avid needs entirely new leadership on the Rack Eleven Platform- better integrations, updates, interfaces, etc. Fix my issue or give me a call for a job- I will fix this crap AVID. Top Down Change- don't f up this product line.
Old 01-15-2014, 07:03 PM

Maybe they should do a stand-alone Eleven Rack editor. :-O
Old 01-16-2014, 06:27 AM

LOL- Guaranteed there will be issues with it, it won't be compatible with earlier versions of PT, and probably the only reason they are doing it is because they can't get the PT 11 code to communicate with R 11 inside the software.

Another reason to do a stand-alone is they are getting ready to jettison the product and this makes for a nice little stand-alone package. As I stated, it has felt like the R 11 is a step-child. Seriously would love to see this treated like a separate company/product, with updates, new tones, pedals that are actually MADE FOR the R11 instead of having to cobble together something from a 3rd party- granted the Voo Doo labs product is OK, there's a lot more that could be done here and there really no decent expression pedal that you can depend on "live"- sorry for the rant but I am POSITIVE I am not alone here.

PT 8 here we come.