Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11

Old 07-04-2013, 04:31 PM

Default AAX Plug-Ins Not Recognized

Hello

I had a clean install of PT11; it's given me no problems thus far (unlike 10, which had so many bugs it was unusable)

I decided to install iZotope Ozone 5 bundle with the 64-bit AAX support. It installed successfully in the default location (C:\program files\common files\avid\audio\plug-ins) and folder shows up fine...

The issue is that when PT is booting, it scans the default Avid plug-ins and ignores the iZotope folder. The only other thing I tried was Battery 4 in AAX which is also ignored on boot up

Any suggestions or people who've had similar issues? Why isn't it recognizing 3rd party plugs?
Old 07-04-2013, 04:56 PM

Default Re: AAX Plug-Ins Not Recognized

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorker View Post
Hello

I had a clean install of PT11; it's given me no problems thus far (unlike 10, which had so many bugs it was unusable)

I decided to install iZotope Ozone 5 bundle with the 64-bit AAX support. It installed successfully in the default location (C:\program files\common files\avid\audio\plug-ins) and folder shows up fine...

The issue is that when PT is booting, it scans the default Avid plug-ins and ignores the iZotope folder. The only other thing I tried was Battery 4 in AAX which is also ignored on boot up

Any suggestions or people who've had similar issues? Why isn't it recognizing 3rd party plugs?
First guess would be user error...

The missed the most useful info... you installed exactly what version of iZotope? Should be 5.04. Are you absolutely sure you did not accidentally run an old installer from a past (Pro Tools 10?) install?

NI Battery 4 does *not* have AAX-64 bit support so why are you expecting that to work?

How about some info about OS, computer etc. See the level of detail expected in the "Help us Help You - READ THIS Before Posting!" link above.

Darryl
Old 07-04-2013, 05:05 PM

It is iZotope 5.04 and it clearly specifies "AAX 64-Bit" in the installation

You're right about Battery though; I didn't realize that it was the old AAX support

That said, it's still not recognizing iZotope
Old 07-04-2013, 05:08 PM

Also, I'm running Windows 7 Home... the installer, as I said, is not an older version.

It is 5.04 and, again, offers support for "AAX (64-Bit)" only... In other words, there is no option to even install 32-Bit AAX options
Old 07-04-2013, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorker View Post
Also, I'm running Windows 7 Home... the installer, as I said, is not an older version.

It is 5.04 and, again, offers support for "AAX (64-Bit)" only... In other words, there is no option to even install 32-Bit AAX options
You've got it right, 5.0.4 is Pro Tools 11 AAX-64/Pro Tools 11 (no AAX-32). I just wanted you to be sure you are really installing that, not say accidentally running an old installer after downloading the new one.

Darryl
Old 07-04-2013, 05:16 PM

Yep - I double checked too

From the iZotope site

"Enhancements and fixes:
Plug-in formats: Added 64-bit AAX support for Pro Tools 11
Please note: This update no longer supports 32-bit AAX. Customers accustomed to using 32-bit AAX in Pro Tools 10 can instead use the RTAS plug-in format without any degradation in audio quality. For your convenience, any session saved with the 32-bit AAX version of Ozone will automatically open with RTAS"

Also

What do you think the deal is? Any ideas come to mind?