Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 06-17-2018, 11:59 PM

Default Transcoding question

Apologies if this is a newbie question.

I've been delivered a film as AVC 1920x720 and I want to transcode it to DNxHD for (hopefully) better playback in Pro Tools. The resulting file, exported unscaled with either MPEG Streamclip or QuickTime, plays back in Pro Tools vertically stretched to 1920x1080. (It looks fine in QuickTime Player 7 but is also stretched in the current QuickTime Player.)

The original AVC file plays back correctly both in QuickTime Player and Pro Tools (where it is letterboxed).

Any tips?

I'm using a DeckLink Mini Monitor but that doesn't seem to be related, as I see the same issue in the Pro Tools video window with letter boxing enabled.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:37 AM

Default Re: Transcoding question

You can adjust letterboxing with MPEG Streamclip, options are at the bottom of the export window.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:49 PM

Default Re: Transcoding question

Quote:
Originally Posted by papalou View Post
You can adjust letterboxing with MPEG Streamclip, options are at the bottom of the export window.
Ah, so you can, didn't realise you could enter arbitrary X/Y ratios. Thank you!