Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2016, 03:19 AM

Default Effects Loop Causing Output Clipping

Hey, everyone. I'm new here--please forgive any faux pas!

I did search the forums before posting this, and I found one user with the exact issue I'm having, but the thread is several years old, and there's no solution in it: http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...=clipping+loop

I recently picked up an Eleven Rack (really enjoying it!), and I'm trying to run some effects in the loop so that I can mess with the placement in the chain. I'm finding that having pedals in the loop winds up clipping the outputs, though. I have the loop set for stompboxes (not line-level), and what's weird (to me) is that the meter shows that the loop send and return are fine, but if the loop is engaged, the mains (or headphones) outputs will clip, even though the perceived output (read: volume) is lower.

I've tried lowering the send and return levels and then boosting the rig output, but that's creating some difficulties getting different patches to match up volumewise.

Any tips? The effects I've tried in the loop are a DL4 and an M9. I've used these in tube amp effects loops without issue, but I'm new to this type of setup.

Thanks!