Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2013, 12:26 PM

Default Headphone Routing Advice

Hey all,

I'm currently working in a Studio running PT HD 10 Native on Mac OS X 10.7.5 with 2 x 2.4 GHz Quad Core Intel and 12 GB Memory.

We have an SSL Matrix for the board and are using a MyMix headphone system. A lot of good stuff.... except for the good ol native latency.

I have outputs B1-B8 run into the MyMix Channel Expander, thus using sends on each channel in PT to assign each track to an appropriate headphone channel.

I'm looking for suggestions on any alternative routing options anyone might be using to avoid latency. With Low Latency Monitoring on, the sends become inactive on the recorded track (obviously...) and I can't drop the buffer any more...

I've tried running each track through an aux (then to the track) with a headphone send on it (or with the output to the headphone channel), as I'm still having some latency with that.

Any suggestions?? I've also thought about just using the Matrix's Cue sends, but I won't be able to assign tracks the way I need to for the separate headphone channels...

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-21-2013, 08:19 PM

Default Re: Headphone Routing Advice

How many tracks are you running and what kind of plugins? And what is your buffer at currently?
Old 02-21-2013, 11:09 PM

Default Re: Headphone Routing Advice

one idea that should work with LLM

basically you are parallel inputing your mics.

create an aux beside your audio input. assign the same input. assign the aux to a "dead" output. basically an output that is not being used. then insert your buss sends on the aux and set them all as pre fader.

would be interested in your buffer and what plugins. that computer is a few years old but should still be able to get some oomph out of it!

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10