Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2012, 04:10 PM

Default Re: Anyone bought just the HDX card itself ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I guess they don't want people to come back and bitch and moan when their old blue interfaces no longer work when PT11 rolls around. I see it as doing things one step at a time on Avid's part.
Yes but what about people who already got the new interfaces? LOL @ avid for creating black market situation
Old 01-05-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
It's not that they won't sell a single card without an interface; they will, but you already have to have purchased an HDX card and interface combo to begin with. Sort of a Catch-22. I guess theoretically someone that already had a card/intfc. combo could act as a straw buyer, buying a card and then selling it to another person.
I won't be the least bit surprised if we start seeing people buy these whole systems, then split them up and resell each part separately.

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 01-05-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
From what I understand, if you're doing the trade in, and don't want the new interface, you don't have to get it (and don't have to trade one in). The price on the tradeins remain the same.
I can't help but grin at this one.

Can't wait to see the first person who says this: "NO, take your new interface and SHOVE IT, I'm keeping my old blue one! I don't care if it costs the same!"

If a MIDI event triggers a sample of a tree falling and there's no one there to hear it, does it make a sound?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
Yes but what about people who already got the new interfaces? LOL @ avid for creating black market situation
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Toolbox View Post
I won't be the least bit surprised if we start seeing people buy these whole systems, then split them up and resell each part separately.
I don't think it would be a black market situation as what John says could legitimately happen. What's really to stop a person from doing exactly that - split parts off and sell one or the other piece, especially if you do it before you register the stuff?

QAPLA!
Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 AM

Of coarse you can buy the HDX cards with out buying a new HDi/o as long as you have already purchased a OMNI or HD i/o your fine.
Actually call your preferred store and ask them.
HDX kicks butt its a smooth running machine I knew it would be good but I thought it might take a while for it to be this stable. AVID did a good job on this, at least I think so.
Old 01-09-2012, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbeatstudio View Post
Of coarse you can buy the HDX cards with out buying a new HDi/o as long as you have already purchased a OMNI or HD i/o your fine.
Actually call your preferred store and ask them.
HDX kicks butt its a smooth running machine I knew it would be good but I thought it might take a while for it to be this stable. AVID did a good job on this, at least I think so.
Not quite true as the way Sweetwater is putting it you have to already have purchased a combo of HDX card and HD I/O or other Avid interface; you just can't have purchased the interface at one time and HDX card at another time.

QAPLA!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:05 PM

so let me get this straight. Will my system work if I buy a used HDX card from a guy. Then buy a used Omni from a guy. Then buy an 10HD transfer license from another guy?
Old 12-03-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty585 View Post
so let me get this straight. Will my system work if I buy a used HDX card from a guy. Then buy a used Omni from a guy. Then buy an 10HD transfer license from another guy?
work, yes
getting support may be iffy if there is a hardware problem

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-06-2012, 02:09 AM

welp, let's hope for the best! :)