Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2003, 05:19 PM

Default Please put me ou of my misery

Hi

please someone put an end to these frustrating days and nights..
I just want to get my native instruments b4 to play from pro tools le via midi using the digi hardware if poss otherwise i don't mind it just coming from my other soundcard (audigy 2 platinum) routed through the digi.

After reading everything about the asio beta drivers I installed them, my wavedriver has gone, but I'm just not having any joy playing the b4..

Can someone please just explain the basic principle of setting this going.

I have
Athlon TB 2.2
768MB RAM
Audigy 2 platinum
digi 001
PT LE 5.3.odd
XP Pro
B4

Please help!
Old 03-07-2003, 05:30 PM

Default Re: Please put me ou of my misery

If I play the b4 using the mouse, the sound is fine through my digi..

the midi seems to be fine..

Output of the audigy is digital

As soon as I select the digidesign asio driver in b4 is says.. "harware not present or unavailable"

just to paint a full picture
Old 03-08-2003, 02:45 PM

I had this problem too ... you need to contact NI and explain the problem - it's a common one. They'll mail you a procedure for uninstalling B4 completely and then you can load B4 again following their new instructions, not the loading prompts which are wrong.
Can't remember where the problem occurs but it's something to do with a prompt screen asking you if you want to load a midi port for users with Cubase which should read 'users NOT using Cubase or vice versa. Hmmm...pretty glaring error that.
Hope this helps because B4 is a serious tool !!!
Old 03-08-2003, 08:54 PM

you have to use the second soundcard. there's no way around that.

1) hook an audio cable from soundblaster output to digi input 3/4 (this is for computer sounds - no more wavedriver required)
2) hook a coax spdif cable from soundblaster spdif out to digi spdif in (this is for b4 and soundfonts)
3) hook a midi cable from keyboard midi out to digi midi in
4) hook a midi cable from digi midi out to soundblaster midi in
5) open b4 and go set soundcard to "soundcard" (not asio), then open audio preferences and choose the soundblaster directsound (dx) driver. then open midi preferences and set the midi in port to the soundblaster's midi input.
6) in PT, create a midi track and set the input to digi midi in and output to digi midi out.
7) now record arm the track and play the keyboard. make sure that midi thru is enabled on the midi menu in PT.

you're all set. if that doesn't work, email me. also, read this to incorporate soundfonts into your setup: http://basstardz.dhs.org/TIPS/TIP003...soundfonts.HTM

i also have a bunch of soundfonts for download. enjoy...
Old 03-08-2003, 08:59 PM

by the way, i'm also available to put you out of your misery. flat fee plus travel expenses. payment plans available. individual and bulk discounts for members of al queda.