Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2016, 06:40 PM

Default 'Blank' files after bounce

Whenever I try to bounce my session to disk as a wav or mp3 I will check the folder that I bounced it to and all that is sitting there is a blank file,

Not an mp3, wav, or anything. The file type in properties is literally just 'file' and has a size of 0mb.

I've tried removing all plugins in fear that in was a RAM issue and it yielded the same results.

I've opened a number of other sessions from the same album that I'm working on and they all work just fine, so it seems that its isolated to this particular track. I just can't figure out what is causing this issue on this project and none of the others.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

I'm running the latest version of PT 11 on Windows 7 w/ a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 interface.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:32 AM

Default Re: 'Blank' files after bounce

Check your track and bus routing. Are you using the offline (non-realtime) bounce in PT11? Try realtime and see what happens. Or just record to a new track if you're doing this in realtime.

QAPLA!
Old 12-18-2016, 09:57 AM

As suggested try realtime. Do you hear what you expect as it is bouncing now?
Old 12-18-2016, 10:22 AM

Yeah I was using Real time in the first place. I tried both realtime and offline modes and got the same result.

It will play the track as expected while bouncing and it sounds just as I mixed it but once I go to check the file it's still just a blank 'file'.

I also checked my track and bus routing and all seems to be in order.

So far I haven't been able to save this project but instead have been moving the raw tracks to a different file. I was going to do that anyway once I decided on a final mix for the album so they would all sound consistent.l
Old 12-18-2016, 10:53 AM

You can "save" the project right? You just can't bounce to disk?

I don't have any great ideas here, but I would try..

Delete all files in the bounce folder.

Make sure your account has administrator privilege.

Trashprefs. Did that work?

I would just test with simple formats like WAV or AIFF for now.

Do a "Save Session In" and test the same from that new session.

Try doing a test bounce with all plugins inactive. Hold down shift while selecting the session from the File>Open menu.

Post a screenshot of the bounce to disk dialog window settings you are using.
Old 12-18-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COT2012 View Post
Yeah I was using Real time in the first place. I tried both realtime and offline modes and got the same result.

It will play the track as expected while bouncing and it sounds just as I mixed it but once I go to check the file it's still just a blank 'file'.

I also checked my track and bus routing and all seems to be in order.

So far I haven't been able to save this project but instead have been moving the raw tracks to a different file. I was going to do that anyway once I decided on a final mix for the album so they would all sound consistent.l
Instead of bouncing record to another audio track in PT and see how that goes. You're working in real time anyways so what's to lose?

QAPLA!
Old 12-24-2016, 03:33 PM

Thanks for the advice guys but it seems the file is corrupted or something. I just ended up exporting all the raw tracks to my mastering .ptx and I haven't had any further issues.