Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2015, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Entitled to Pro Tools 12 but it's not in my Avid account

The PT 12 Free Upgrade is not released yet to any customer that is eligible for the free upgrades as of the moment. You will be notified thru your email once it is release. And the free upgrade will show automatically in your Avid Account. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Eric V.
AVID Web Store Suppo
rt

Wow. The upgrade is FREE!!
The support plan, which entitles you to the upgrade, is $599/year for HD, but the upgrade is FREE. I guess $599 is not money.

Sorry to question your logic (hmmm Logic...), but these are PAID upgrades. In fact they are pre-paid upgrades.

Very frustrated that the pre-paid upgrade was not offered first to the customers who pre-paid.....
Old 03-24-2015, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 12 is available for purchase!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
That doesn't mean we are waiting weeks to do them. They are being handled in batches and many will likely be completed this week. I already started a case for thewiz and will look up DJs account... [update- found your case DJ]
hi Jeff,I bought the pt 11 upgrade from pt express on 12/30/2014,hope you help me to get the pt 12 when you have some free time.I am interested in see the new software.

Well,I will help my clients who bought software from me to get upgrade to pt12,hope you help me,please send PM,thanks!

best regards!

Chris
Old 03-24-2015, 10:58 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCia View Post
Hi Jeffro!
I bought pro tools 11 regular on November 19, 2014 (order id 4269909) and pro tools HD on 11 February 25, 2015 (order id 4354526). I already have the license to my ilok for PT HD 11/10/12. For PT 11 regular I haven't absolutely nothing. For both I have nothing in my account.
HELP, please!.
Nick
Hi NickCia,

Your post was refered to CS and I started a support case earlier to get more info. Kindly check your email.

Best Regards,

YD
Old 03-24-2015, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneepa View Post
Still waiting since yesterday morning.. .two accounts... two upgrades bought... no sign of PT12 in both of them...
Not seeing them in your accounts (tried mac and me) so will contact you directly to get order #s and get this sorted out today.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaneepa View Post
Still waiting since yesterday morning.. .two accounts... two upgrades bought... no sign of PT12 in both of them...
Ditto
Old 03-24-2015, 11:25 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesele View Post
Hi, my first post on this forum.

Bought PT 11 HD included with an HD3 to HDX (+ 2 interfaces) upgrade 2 months ago and have the expert plus support plan but when trying to use the ASC get "An Error occurred" so can't contact anyone. I could phone but don't want to pay for a long distance call from Sweden to UK.
The PT 12 HD does not show in my account which is [email protected]
Also in my personal account [email protected] I bought PT 11 for teachers in end of December, registered early January which included 1 year
of free updates, but also here no PT 12. I did not even get a system ID
or anything although I was told earlier by mail from Avid customer success that it should arrive.
Nothing about PT 12 or PT 12 HD in either of my accounts or on ilok.com.
No mail, nothing in 3 months.
Please add the updates I paid for and are entitled to.

Regards

Jesper

Hi Jesper,

I have forwarded your concern to our CS team and started support case to know more about it. Kindly check your email.

Best Regards,

YD
Old 03-24-2015, 11:30 AM

Thanks YD.

Jesper
Old 03-24-2015, 11:33 AM

Almost 24 hours since I found out PT12 was released and still nothing in my account. This is ludicrous. I almost didn't do the "upgrade" due to other decisions avid has made in the last year or two. But had an old MP license lying around unused, and figured I could sell my current PT11 license to cover the cost, and give them one year to get their act together. But this unfortunately is the last straw. I will gladly take any new features added through March 2015, but after that I am officially done.

Not only could they not figure out how to release it to all eligible customers in one day, they left out most of the features touted as being day one features, with even more to come. So sorry Avid. I'm done. Long live Harrision Mixbus.

And fwiw I just looked it up. I've been a Pro Tools user for about 10 years. Since version 6 on the first G4 Mac Mini running an mBox. Not that I am any kind of someone special, but have been around long enough. This is a sinking ship.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CME View Post
Almost 24 hours since I found out PT12 was released and still nothing in my account. This is ludicrous. I almost didn't do the "upgrade" due to other decisions avid has made in the last year or two. But had an old MP license lying around unused, and figured I could sell my current PT11 license to cover the cost, and give them one year to get their act together. But this unfortunately is the last straw. I will gladly take any new features added through March 2015, but after that I am officially done.

Not only could they not figure out how to release it to all eligible customers in one day, they left out most of the features touted as being day one features, with even more to come. So sorry Avid. I'm done. Long live Harrision Mixbus.

And fwiw I just looked it up. I've been a Pro Tools user for about 10 years. Since version 6 on the first G4 Mac Mini running an mBox. Not that I am any kind of someone special, but have been around long enough. This is a sinking ship.
Sorry CME - I still have your case open so look for an email in a few minutes.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
Same here. The whole PT HD Support Plan 2015 has vanished. All other products are listed.
Hi Dolly,

I created a case for your concern and referred it to CS. Please check your email.

Best Regards,

YD