Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2014, 02:12 PM

Default Re: Focusrite Scarlett Interfaces - New MixControl and Driver Betas July 2014

I just want to add that I have this same problem.

I haven't updated to the newest drivers yet, though. But the symptoms are exactly as Donald describes.

Also, Katherine, any word on when we might be able to plug our Focusrite interfaces into a USB 3 port on our computers? USB 2.0 is getting harder to find, and the current crop of Mac Books don't include it at all.

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 08-08-2014, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Focusrite Scarlett Interfaces - New MixControl and Driver Betas July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCBigler View Post
I just want to add that I have this same problem.

I haven't updated to the newest drivers yet, though. But the symptoms are exactly as Donald describes.

Also, Katherine, any word on when we might be able to plug our Focusrite interfaces into a USB 3 port on our computers? USB 2.0 is getting harder to find, and the current crop of Mac Books don't include it at all.
The new drivers won't solve the issue I described. But, as Katherine said in her earlier post on this thread, she was able to duplicate the issue and has passed it along to their developers to see what they can do to fix it. It can be a hassle.

Old 08-09-2014, 02:15 PM

the problem is only in pro tools? I see that the drivers are bad in a while. The drivers should be solid as a rock. changing the sample rate must be fast and automatic. (sorry for bad english). Greetings
Old 08-11-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Will View Post
the problem is only in pro tools? I see that the drivers are bad in a while. The drivers should be solid as a rock. changing the sample rate must be fast and automatic. (sorry for bad english). Greetings
Yes, it should. Sample rate changes between sessions using the Mix Control program within Pro Tools always creates a hang up. And you can't change the sample rate with Mix Control if Pro Tools is open, even with no session open, just the program. You get a message saying that the rate can't be changed as it is streaming audio or something like that. You have to close PT THEN change the sample rate in MC. Most 3rd party interface drivers just automatically change the sample rate to whatever the session rate is when you open the session with no issue.

I know Focusrite is working on this as Katherine. Hopefully will be resolved soon! Its a hassle. It gets even worse if you have a session with Reason on it because it causes Reason to not be able to open and you literally have to reboot the entire system to get all to come back on!

Old 08-30-2014, 09:55 AM

with the new beta 1.9b4 problems are even worse:

clicks on the file playback
can not reduce 10ms buffer size from the MC
instability with pro tools is great
when opening the MC creates a pause in the music being played
previous drivers were relatively better but you can not install a driver oldest and thus return one more stable

need a solution soon, should rethink the design of their drivers this problem takes too long, this does not happen with other professional brands (sorry for bad english)
Old 09-30-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine_Focusrite View Post
Hi Donald,

I wanted you know I have just looked into this more deeply and replicated the problematic behavior you reported.

I have added notes and replication steps on this matter for the Development Team to review.

I expect you will see this reflected in a further Beta, so keep an eye on the Beta Website.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards.

Kat
Hi Kat,

Its been a while since I've heard any more on this. Any progress in fixing this issue yet? It still persists as we've discussed here and by email.

Thanks
Donald M

Old 10-29-2014, 02:48 PM

Kat, Has this issue been resolved yet? Just now I've tried 4 times now with reboots and all to simply open a project that used a different sample rate. I changed the rate in MixControl BEFORE I opened PT, and IT STILL WOULDN'T work and I had to reboot. Then it hung up, then it went blue screen. This issue NEEDS TO BE FIXED YESTERDAY! There is simply no reason why opening a session in a different sample rate should cause all this mayhem. It is NOT my system...it is YOUR software! Please fix this!

Thank you

Donald M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katherine_Focusrite View Post
Hi Donald,

I wanted you know I have just looked into this more deeply and replicated the problematic behavior you reported.

I have added notes and replication steps on this matter for the Development Team to review.

I expect you will see this reflected in a further Beta, so keep an eye on the Beta Website.

Please let me know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards.

Kat

Old 10-31-2014, 01:00 PM
Focusrite

Hi Donald,

Kat is no longer monitoring this forum. I have taken over it for her. I will look into the case asap.
Old 10-31-2014, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian.Focusrite View Post
Hi Donald,

Kat is no longer monitoring this forum. I have taken over it for her. I will look into the case asap.
Thanks, Christian. Please note that others have had the same issue, and also note that Kat said she was able to replicate the problem there and had reported it to whoever with Focusrite. The end of the story from Wed is it took me 45 minutes to get everything running again, and all because of trying to open a session at a different sample rate. Its a real PITA to say the least. But I do appreciate any efforts being made to solve it!

Thank you for your reply!

Donald M

Old 11-01-2014, 07:43 AM

Same here! I hope for a solution soon!