Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2002, 06:47 AM

Default Sharing one Opcode Studio 4 with 2 computers? How do I...

I just purchased a Studio 4 (seriel) off the DUC here for 60 bucks, what a deal! I got all the manuals and everything.

I was reading the manuals and it says I can share a Studio 4 between computers but the manual does not elaborate at all.

Do I create a single OMS studio setup document and just copy it to the other machine or just recreate it?

also... how will communication happen between the two machine? Via IAC because they share the same interface? How do I define the other computer/device so I can send midi to the other machines. I need to sync Reason on one machine and PT's on the other.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:21 PM

Default Re: Sharing one Opcode Studio 4 with 2 computers? How do I...

Hi,

I don't know about the Studio 4 but a MOTU MidiTimePiece could do the same thing. It had two ports on the rear. One was for the first computer and the other was for a "network" connection to add a second Motu or MIDI interface. You could also add another computer.

Both computers need their own configuration information in FreeMidi, etc. The machines will look like Midi devices to each other and that's the limit of what they will see.

It works well if you have two computers.
I had a Mac and a NeXT machine.

tech
Old 04-03-2002, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Sharing one Opcode Studio 4 with 2 computers? How do I...

Thanks tech! maybe when I do the studio setup it will detect the other computer and i wont havve to specify it as a device. Thanks.