Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2010, 02:42 PM

Default Hearing sound through headphones, but no visible signal in PT 8 LE

As the description says, I do have very clear audio through my headphones, but no matter what I seem to do I cannot get pro tools to give me a signal. I have been lurking forums for hours to try and find a solution but so far nothing and it is very frustrating to say the least. I'll list all steps I have taken in detail so hopefully we can get right to the problem.

Steps:
All basic setups: Mic in set to MIC, not DI. Phantom power on. Auto monitoring on. (I can hear it through the headphones so obviously the phantom power is fine and the input, just the output seems to be the area to target?)
Input settings- Mic in
Out setting: Main Out L/R
Mix pot is up as well as the input pot. both are really hot for testing purposes right now
Record arm: No signal
F12: no signal

Maybe I'm missing something but I think I have covered a lot of steps. I hope you more experienced users out there can help me out!
Thanks in advance,
-Alex

Last edited by Alexthepirateguy; 11-16-2010 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Left out pieces of info
Old 11-16-2010, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Hearing sound through headphones, but no visible signal in PT 8 LE

Solved: To anyone who might have this problem in the future. The way I resolved my problem was by...

-Go to setup in the Pro Tools Toolbar
-Click on "IO..."
-Make sure you are on the "Input" tab an click the "default" button to restore the inputs.
-After that, set your Input on you channel to "In 1"(even though In 2 is recognized and represented as highlighting orange, it is In 1).
That solved it for me.

More ways that I found to fix this problem while lurking for posts...
-Make sure you are on Auto Input Monitoring (Option K or you can find it in the track menu)
-Not to be relentless or to insult your intelligence but make sure the MIC/DI button is out for anything in the XLR input and depressed if you are going directly in using 1/4". Also make sure phantom power (48v) button is depressed if you are using a condenser microphone.

I'm really trying to help the community! All feedback appreciated!

-Alex
Old 11-16-2010, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Hearing sound through headphones, but no visible signal in PT 8 LE

Good detective work. Thanks for sharing it (it shows someone taking the initiative and not simply expecting the DUC to provide every little solution)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave