Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2010, 09:37 AM

Default PT9 + Instrument Expansion Pack - worth it?

I'm just wondering how many people are jumping at the upgrade special that includes the discounted instrument expansion pack (40% off). Is it a valuable addition? I've only played with the light version of Structure, and wasn't the least bit impressed with it. There are much better (more realistic) sounding products on the market. Is the full blown version more impressive? Are the other tools well worth the purchase? Any thoughts appreciated.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:49 PM

Default Re: PT9 + Instrument Expansion Pack - worth it?

I purchased Velvet from L&M for $75.00, then Avid came out with a similar deal to upgrade to the Instrument Expansion Pack through my Velvet license. Strike works great and what the other bundles bring to the table are really cool. You will not be disappointed.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:21 PM

Well worth the money.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-16-2010, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastmboy View Post
I'm just wondering how many people are jumping at the upgrade special that includes the discounted instrument expansion pack (40% off). Is it a valuable addition? I've only played with the light version of Structure, and wasn't the least bit impressed with it. There are much better (more realistic) sounding products on the market. Is the full blown version more impressive? Are the other tools well worth the purchase? Any thoughts appreciated.
I agree on more realistic sounds with other products (regarding Structure), Kontakt being the first that comes to mind especially if you also need VST. Structure's sampler, on the other hand, gives Kontakt a run for the money. But comparisons aside you can't lose with IEP. IMO Transfuser, Strike, Velvet, and Hybrid are some of the best VI's on the market. If you just want another set of RTAS tools then IEP is a great addition. Plus, if you are a VI addict like me then 40% off for something like that is irresistible.