Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2011, 08:11 PM

Default how to send audio recordings to my second drive

I have a system drive with protools and another internal drive for putting recorded music to. How do I change setting in PT LE 8.0.5 so that my project files go to this drive?
Old 09-16-2011, 08:50 AM

Default Re: how to send audio recordings to my second drive

Create/save your new sessions on that drive and not on the C: drive. Having said that(and it should be that simple), there is a possiblility that you are using a template session, so let me explain further. If you start a new project by opening a template session, and recording, THEN saving it, no matter what drive you save it to, the audio will reside in the audio files folder for the template session(on whichever drive that session is stored on). The solution for this is; don't OPEN the template session. Instead, create a new blank session(on the recording drive) and as soon as it opens, go to File>Import>Import Session Data. Now point to the template session and hold Alt while you right-click on any track and select it(holding Alt will select all the tracks). Click okay and all the template tracks and settings will appear in your new session(but now all your audio will get recorded to the proper location).

As for moving sessions from one drive to another, the simple way is drag and drop, but that might screw you over if your audio is in the wrong folder. The safe way is to open each session and select File>Save Session Copy, and make sure you check the box for copy all audio files. Once you move/relocate a session, I would move the original(if you did the copy method) to the trash and then run your new version. If it doesn't run, then restore the trashed copy and work on figuring out what went wrong.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave