Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 09-24-2018, 08:09 AM

Default Problems with AIR Structure

I have Structure 2.0.7 on Win-10. That is the latest version as far as I know. I keep running into some issues with it. I've filed a report directly to AIR hoping to get a solution, but I also wanted to mention here to see if any other Structure users have had similar issues.

So here's an outline of the issue. I wanted to import some audio using a sound I created in LOOM as the source. I basically created a series of audio files at C1, G1, C2, G2...etc to C5, so I'd have multiple note samples to map across the keyboard in Structure. I then:

Used the browser in Structure to import the audio files and mapped them across the keyboard. No problem.

I then went to the sample editor and set loop points for each of the 10 or so samples. All good.

Then I saved the patch, gave it name, and saved to a file along with all the samples. So far so good...but now things get dicey.

Structure doesn't have an option to simply duplicate a part layer. There is a "Copy/Paste" option, but that doesn't work for this. I wanted to essentially duplicate the layer twice (if 1 is good, 3 is better, right?) Since there is no simple duplicate option, you have go back into the browser, and import the samples from within the sample folder where you just saved your newly created patch. So I did that. Doing this also means any editing I did on the original samples (setting loops, etc) are preserved.

But now, if I try to re-save the patch with additional sample layers, I first get a pop-up alert that I'm about to overwrite a file of the same name -- no problem "Yes". But then a 2nd alert pops up saying "File can't be created" and that I need to check my access privileges. What? How could I not have access to my own audio files?!?!

The upshot of all this is that it doesn't seem there's any way you can edit your damn patch in Structure and SAVE it.

Has anyone else run into this? Can someone try to duplicate it? I'd like to know if its just me or if there's an an actual bug in Structure. It doesn't make sense that you can't import additional layers to a patch and overwrite what you did to make a new patch. Giving it a new name doesn't fix it either...same issue.

As I said, I have sent an official support request on this to AIR as of Friday. We'll see what they say. But meantime, I'd like to know if others have such issues. Thanks.

Old 09-24-2018, 05:15 PM

Default Re: Problems with AIR Structure

Try-Dup your 10 file from the finder then build your layers.
Structure-Streaming Sampler now has the 30 streams needed.

just a thought that shouldn't add much time.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:53 PM

I encountered a similar problem a while back. If I recall, I didn't save over the patch, instead I saved with a new name and then later deleted the original. I believe the problem is caused when you try to save with the same name. Hope this helps.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothercolour View Post
I encountered a similar problem a while back. If I recall, I didn't save over the patch, instead I saved with a new name and then later deleted the original. I believe the problem is caused when you try to save with the same name. Hope this helps.

Actually no. The same problem pops up even with a new name. That said, if what you said was the case...that's a bug too. We should be able to edit any patch we create and overwrite without going through those extra steps!

Old 09-25-2018, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
Try-Dup your 10 file from the finder then build your layers.
Structure-Streaming Sampler now has the 30 streams needed.

just a thought that shouldn't add much time.

I'm not sure I'm following what you're saying here. What do you mean by "Structure-Streaming Sampler now has the 30 streams needed."? Thanks