Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2011, 02:47 AM

Default XLR outputs sans cab modelling?

I might be acting a bit dumb here, but is there any way to set the 11R's XLR output to skip cab modelling? I get that it's possible for the jack outputs, but I don't have any XLR cables to test it with and I'd like to know before I go out and buy some...

Basically, I'd like to use stereo in my live rig, but running a cable from the front panel to my power amp's inputs on the back is an uninviting prospect.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:50 AM

Default Re: XLR outputs sans cab modelling?

You can just turn the cab block off in the signal chain and that affects the rig output (ie. XLR main outs). Remember speaker breakup (if you are running the expansion pack) is separate from cab simulation even though it does not look like it is, and you need to turn that off separately if you want it off.

By power amp I hope you really meant a power amp not a guitar amp. If you want to drive a guitar amp you should be better off using the amp 1 and amp 2 outputs. If you are driving a power amp and full range speakers or powered stage monitors etc. you should be better off using the XLR outs.

Darryl
Old 06-22-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
You can just turn the cab block off in the signal chain and that affects the rig output (ie. XLR main outs).

If you want to drive a guitar amplifier you may want to use the amp 1 and amp 2 outputs. If you are driving a power amplifier and full range speakers or powered stage monitors etc. you should be better off using the XLR outs.
Thanks. I actually do a combination of the two - I use a power amp with a guitar cab, which still means I don't need the cab modelling.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:28 AM

Alternatively, you can go into the user controls and set one of the "Output to Amp" outputs to "Rig Out, No Cab", which will disable cab sims on all outputs, including the XLRs.

That way, you don't have to have two sets of presets (one with cabc, one without).