Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2003, 11:00 AM

Default Can I play along and hear without recording? (Registration question also)

can anyone tell me how to hear myself when im playing along with other recorded tracks without recording what im doing? if ive a guitar plugged in to input 1 for example, and the track is record enabled, i cant hear it if i play the track so that i can practice along with it or adjust settings, i have to record each time in order to hear what im doing. im sure there must be a way. im using 001. thanks in advance,

shane.

p.s. i just recently got my protools and i faxed off the registration form a few weeks ago. should i have got an e-mail or heard any thing from digidesign to say they got it? im just wondering incase they didnt get it or couldnt read it and im not registered.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:12 AM

Default Re: Can I play along and hear without recording? (Registration question also)

Hi Shane,

You've been using 'auto input monitoring' which cuts off your input on playback. Switch to 'input only monitoring' in the operations menu when you want to audition before recording.

Good luck,
Marc
Old 04-18-2003, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Can I play along and hear without recording? (Registration question also)

Quote:
Originally posted by Shane Cullinane:

p.s. i just recently got my protools and i faxed off the registration form a few weeks ago. should i have got an e-mail or heard any thing from digidesign to say they got it? im just wondering incase they didnt get it or couldnt read it and im not registered.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You'll know they got it when you start getting you weekly phone calls and postcards in the mail [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2003, 11:43 AM

Shane, press alt and k to toggle between the two modes.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Nippamuk:
Shane, press alt and k to toggle between the two modes.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Coolness, Nippamuk...thanks [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2003, 12:20 AM
Avid

Shane,

You can email customer service at [email protected] to check on your registration.

Mike
Old 04-29-2003, 05:02 PM

ive emailed csadmin@digidesign a couple of times now and the mails keep coming back. is there something up at the moment or is it just my email account??
Old 04-30-2003, 05:08 AM

.com
Old 04-30-2003, 05:30 AM

Of course if you are monitoring through a mixer then you don't need to change modes and the
mixer will give you extra preamps too.
Not trying to get you to buy more gear but I just
thought I would mention this because so many people use external mixers.
I have been using a mixer from the first day I got my digi 001 so I forgot about the setting.
Thanks for refreshing my memory. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]