Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | MTRX & MTRX Studio
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2020, 09:11 PM

Default Re: First steps with MTRX Studio

Hey Jeff,

So after using the MTRX for probably over a month now I just wanted to point out one thing. I usually launch the DADMAn software first then launch EuControl and ProTools. I always see level in DADMan but as my session goes after a while I may flip back to DADMan and I'll see no level on the meters. it's like the program disconnects itself. Everything is the same, the MTRX is locked and ProTools is playing back fine but I loose metering. Is this happening to everyone that has this?
Old 08-06-2020, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
Hey Jeff,

So after using the MTRX for probably over a month now I just wanted to point out one thing. I usually launch the DADMAn software first then launch EuControl and ProTools. I always see level in DADMan but as my session goes after a while I may flip back to DADMan and I'll see no level on the meters. it's like the program disconnects itself. Everything is the same, the MTRX is locked and ProTools is playing back fine but I loose metering. Is this happening to everyone that has this?
I would have Eucontrol start up before Dadman.
What switch do you have?

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 08-07-2020, 06:44 AM

No switch. Mac trash can going straight into MTRX. But, I am about to get a New MAC Pro with a gigabit switch. Is there a preferred one for Dante because I’m also going to hook up a DAC to it it.
Old 08-07-2020, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativecontrol View Post
MTRX Studio has Dante and ADAT Optical for Digital IO - in addition to DigiLink obviously. If you need AES you could add an Audinate AVIO for example:
AES3 <-> Dante:
https://www.audinate.com/products/de...ante-avio#aes3

Jeff
Hey Jeff,

So if I wanted to go Dante into a DAC what would you recommend being the best setup for this? Can I directly out of the MTRX secondary Dante port or would I have to go out of a gigabit switch and if so how am I getting the MTRX signal to the DAC? Thanks. chris
Old 08-07-2020, 09:19 AM
Avid

Default First steps with MTRX Studio

So you really need at least a gigabit switch, if not a gigabit router / DHCP server. It’s not really a good idea to cascade assign the network with the second port on the MTRX Studio. If a switch, everything will be self assigned, if a router (best), all devices will be given an IP address. This is also a good idea if you are going to have a combination of Dante and EUCON devices connected as well.

best,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ
Old 08-07-2020, 09:22 AM

Ok. Are there any routers that Avid recommends that will work best? Thanks.
Old 08-07-2020, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goombot View Post
Ok. Are there any routers that Avid recommends that will work best? Thanks.
You want either an unmanaged switch that does not support EEE or a managed switch that allows you to set up QoS and defeat EEE.

2019 Mac Pro, 2022 Mac Studio Ultra
Avid S6, HDX2, MTRX II, MTRX, DAD AX64, AX32, Focusrite Rednet PCIER, Trinnov MC8 Pro.
Studio: https://www.voltperoctave.com | Music: https://www.euclideancircuits.com
Latest Article: Auto-Bounce for Logic Pro

Affiliate Links:
Auto-Bounce by Tom Salta
Dreamhost Web Hosting
Old 08-08-2020, 05:06 PM

Thanks Jeff. That was extremely helpful for my order.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:12 PM

Jeff, I know this is possible but I'm still having a hard time with the signal routing in DAMan. I got a SPL DAC that I'm using with a pair of HEDD headphones. Ideally what I want is my fold down and my Mac output to go to the DAC. Can I do that? Right now I'm just patching the Line Outputs 9 and 10 straight into the DAC. I will change that in the future using my Audinate Dante to AES but I need that switcher first so for now I'm just using the Line Outputs analog.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Avid

Default First steps with MTRX Studio

Right-Click in blank area of Monitor Profile. Add Monitor. Rename it SPL HP or whatever. Expand the disclosure triangle. Right click on sources. Add existing. Bring in your PT and DVS sources this way. Outputs. Right-click to add a new output set. Rename it SPL, it should default to stereo. In the right side of the interface assign it to the IO it’s coming from. Right click on FoldDown and add existing fold presets you’ve already been using also to this monitor.

That’s pretty much it.

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
MTRX FAQ