Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2019, 12:47 PM

Default freezing track will not render automation

Hello everyone...
hoping someone can help me out as I've tried many solutions and still stuck with this issue/bug; Running pro tools 2019.6 on a macmini 2018. I'm having the following issue:
have a midi track with Hammond Organ (Air DB33) recorded on one track. whenever I freeze that track to free some CPU, automation of the track such as sustain pedal will not be rendered creating all kinds of dissonances and unresolved chords. I tried changing the playback engine settings... all different options. I still can't get the track to freeze with this basic automation. If I bounce the session or commit the track, I still have the same problem! hammond sounds with a sustain pedal that has a life of its own. going nuts with this issue. I even deactivated a bunch of plugins and then froze the track again but I'm getting the same problem. The sustain pedal stays stucked the whole time. Checked CPU usage and it seems completely fine; not close to "danger zone" by any means. Anyway...hope someone can help me with this one. Thanks much in advance.
Old 09-17-2019, 01:28 PM

Default Re: freezing track will not render automation

I suspect it might work if you bounce in real time. Sounds like a bug in the plugin.
Old 09-17-2019, 02:39 PM

Default Re: freezing track will not render automation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I suspect it might work if you bounce in real time. Sounds like a bug in the plugin.
Darryl, Thanks so much for your prompt response!! Your suggestion did the trick! I bounced the midi file in real time and all automation is working perfectly. A total mystery to me why this is happening.... but so grateful for your help!