Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > FireWire & USB Audio Interfaces (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2016, 05:51 AM

Default Mbox 3 Mini drivers for El Capitan? (Interface not recognized)

I am pretty disgusted that Avid haven't got drivers out for box mini 3 yet. Really really poor show.

I just bought PT12 and can't record. Awesome!
Old 01-15-2016, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Mbox 3 Mini drivers for El Capitan?

The Avid website for drivers says it was finally updated today but there aren't any new files available for download. Guessing it's going to be soon. Fingers crossed!

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/d...x-Mini-Drivers
Old 01-15-2016, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Mbox 3 and El Capitan drivers

Not sure why my last post was deleted. Anyway, the Avid drivers page for the 3rd Gen Mbox Mini says that the latest driver (12/16/14) supports OSX up to 10.11.2 I tried it but it doesn't work.
Old 01-15-2016, 02:44 PM

Deleted? That's strange if true...
Old 01-15-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad jitter View Post
Deleted? That's strange if true...
Yeah, I just said that the Avid driver page changed it's "Last Updated" date to today, 1/15/16. Thought it seemed promising. Then saw the OSX supported versions of the 2014 driver and they were current. Still no luck launching the control panel though.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredSavage View Post
Not sure why my last post was deleted. Anyway, the Avid drivers page for the 3rd Gen Mbox Mini says that the latest driver (12/16/14) supports OSX up to 10.11.2 I tried it but it doesn't work.
Not deleted, moved to its own thread since you were referring to Mbox Mini on a thread about Mbox. (Moved these as well.)

What OS were you using prior to this?
Old 01-15-2016, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Not deleted, moved to its own thread since you were referring to Mbox Mini on a thread about Mbox. (Moved these as well.)

What OS were you using prior to this?
There's actually a couple of "mini" posts in this thread. Anyway, I was using a PC before. I bought a new Mac with El Capitan.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:59 PM

The posts (incl the first from Loganguy) were in an Mbox thread, but they use separate drivers which is why the posts were moved to an Mbox Mini thread.

Checked with Engineering and the El Capitan driver update is still on its way, so the Mbox Mini Drivers page was fixed to reflect the correct operating systems for the v1.3 driver and the update will be added ASAP. Sorry for this mistake!
Old 01-15-2016, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
The posts (incl the first from Loganguy) were in an Mbox thread, but they use separate drivers which is why the posts were moved to an Mbox Mini thread.

Checked with Engineering and the El Capitan driver update is still on its way, so the Mbox Mini Drivers page was fixed to reflect the correct operating systems for the v1.3 driver and the update will be added ASAP. Sorry for this mistake!
No worries! Thanks for taking the time to iron it out. Quick question though, I did install that driver today and now I'm getting an ERROR 5364 when I try to uninstall. Thoughts?
Old 01-15-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredSavage View Post
No worries! Thanks for taking the time to iron it out.
You bet, sorry again for the hassle.
Quote:
I did install that driver today and now I'm getting an ERROR 5364 when I try to uninstall. Thoughts?
Error 5364 indicates a mismatch with the OS (something changed with El Capitan that the 'old' uninstaller can't deal with). The updated driver will include an uninstaller which should work on El Capitan, but if it takes much longer I'll see if I can get info to manually uninstall it.