How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 11-22-2020, 11:29 PM

Default Re: Included Plugins with Perpetual subscription

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Ziebarth View Post
But an Avid representative told me something different last week: If you subscribe in the Avid web store they charge your credit card after the first subscription period until you say stop. Seems like a perpetual subscription to me or isn’t it?

Best

Mark
This refers to "auto renewal" which is a payment option that can be enabled or disabled in your account.

That simply means you are keeping a subscription or support plan current automatically.

Last edited by take77; 11-23-2020 at 12:00 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
This refers to "auto renewal" which is a payment option that can be enabled or disabled in your account.

That simply means you are keeping a subscription or support plan current automatically.

Thanks for the clarification but isn’t that a kind of perpetual too? The whole license system is complicated and the words they use for the different models can be misunderstood easily.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:29 AM

Hello,
Basically, "Perpetual", "subscription" and "support plan" are three different things. The main thing to know is that if you purchase a Perpetual license you no longer have to pay Avid any more money to continually use the version you purchased. Whereas with a subscription, you will have to continually pay to keep using Pro Tools.
The support plan enables you to keep your Perpetual license up-to-date with the latest version of Pro Tools. If that is allowed to expire, you can still continue to use your perpetual PT license without paying any more.
You will just only be able to use the versions released during your support plan.

Last edited by take77; 11-23-2020 at 01:26 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 12:36 AM

I meant to ask: Do you have a subscription? If so, all the featured plugins are included in a current subscription. If you have a Perpetual license for Pro Tools, then you will have to purchase any plugins not included with your version of Pro Tools (or support plan). Hope that helps.

I do see what you mean about confusing "perpetual" with continually having to pay.
Just know that "perpetual" refers to how long you can USE Pro Tools without paying more as opposed to continually paying more (as with a subscription).
Moreover, payment to AVID can stop at will. So payments are never really perpetual.

Last edited by take77; 11-23-2020 at 02:01 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 01:49 AM

Quote:
I meant to ask: Do you have a subscription? If so, all the featured plugins are included in a current subscription. If you have a Perpetual license for Pro Tools, then you will have to purchase any plugins not included with your version of Pro Tools. Hope that helps.

I do see what you mean about confusing "perpetual" with continually having to pay.
Just know that "perpetual" refers to how long you can USE Pro Tools as opposed to continually paying more (as with a subscription).
Moreover, payment to AVID can stop at will. So payments are never perpetual.

My license is perpetual and the complete plug-in package stays as long as my update plan is active.
It’s not I don’t get it but there is a lot of room for confusion. For example: The plug-in package includes heat when you’re a subscriber when you’re on a update plan it’s missing.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:19 AM

I looked into it and according to the fine print on the AVID Complete bundle page:

*Please note that Avid HEAT and Aphex Aural Exciter and Big Bottom Pro are not included in the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle.
It's actually installed with Pro Tools but only active by means of a Pro Tools subscription or a purchased HEAT activation/license which is $199.

https://www.avid.com/plugins/avid-co...-plugin-bundle

https://www.avid.com/plugins/heat

Last edited by take77; 11-23-2020 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:30 AM

Quote:
I looked into it and according to the fine print on the AVID Complete bundle page:

*Please note that Avid HEAT and Aphex Aural Exciter and Big Bottom Pro are not included in the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle.

It's actually installed with Pro Tools but only active by means of a subscription or a purchased HEAT activation/license which is $199.

https://www.avid.com/plugins/avid-co...-plugin-bundle

https://www.avid.com/plugins/heat

You’re still right. But is it logical to call something „complete“ when some plugs are missing?
Old 11-23-2020, 05:12 AM

I believe it's because HEAT is an integrated feature in Pro Tools and not a AAX plugin? It's actually part of the Mix GUI and not inserted like an AAX plugin.

Last edited by take77; 11-23-2020 at 08:47 AM.
Old 11-23-2020, 06:06 AM

Technically it is AAX plugin, just that it is system plugin and not in the regular plugin folder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-23-2020, 08:44 AM

Thanks for clarifying JFreak.
I was thinking that's what it actually is under the hood.

Last edited by take77; 11-23-2020 at 09:00 AM.