Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2012, 02:17 PM

Exclamation PT 10 I/O issues

Hi, I recently opened up a project in PT only to receive the message that my i/o settings have changed, even though I didn't personally change them. The only thing I did do was turn off my FireWire and wifi on my macbook to fix a playback problem. I was recording something and upon attempting to play it back, the sound was only coming through my laptop's speakers, not through my headphones which were plugged into my Mbox 2. I went to i/o settings and sure enough in output it had as current setup, PTAI/O. I click on last saved setup and see MBox 2. Problem is, I don't know how to switch the output path back to MBox. Help please?
Old 10-24-2012, 02:43 PM

Default Re: PT 10 I/O issues

You'll find it under the Setup Menu in Playback Engine.
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor
Old 10-24-2012, 03:25 PM

Ok cool. Well I did all of that and got it back to Mbox as the output source, but now the problem I'm having is that PT isn't picking anything up from the bass I have connected to the DI. It was before and now its not after I corrected the I/O issue. I just upgraded to PT 10 and haven't even begun recording after several days because I keep running into issues like these. Why is PT not recognizing whatever I plug into the DI? Its not a bad cable, I already checked that.
Old 10-24-2012, 04:27 PM

Not trying to be difficult or insulting but you may have better luck in posting in this forum area. HDx area is intended for the new DSP line of cards.

Not overly familiar with the mBox intricacies as they stand. The first thing I'd suggest is to clear out your I/O settings and start with a fresh session which has the mBox as it's playback engine. Then hit the Default button in I/O Setup (also under the Setup menu)

This should give you the correct number of inputs, outputs and busses available with your interface. At that point you should be able to configure inputs to the tracks as required. I find that testing is much easier with Aux channels rather than Audio Channels as you'll either receive a signal or you won't, whereas with the audio channels you may need to be in record-ready, input monitoring etc.

Hope this helps somewhat. Good luck.

Ceri
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor