Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2015, 03:19 AM

hope it gets resolved quickly

car servicing
Old 07-14-2015, 04:54 PM

Default Re: iLok License Surrender Issues

Hey Bruce -
Seems like you're the person to ask this!
I've tried searching this forums, but don't seem to have anyone with the similar issue.

So I've purchased PT9 back in 2011 and was given upgrade to PT10. I've upgraded to that (without first surrendering PT9 lic key) and was given a Pro Tools 10+9 bundle in my ILOK2.

Then i was given PT11+PT10 (free upgrade) and i registered this back in 2013 and let the lic sit in my ILOK without actually completing/ activating it as I was still depending on PT9. I've finally gotten around to installing mountain lion and am looking to have both PT 11 and PT10 installed.
When i try completing or activating that PT11 upgrade, it disallows me saying that one or more lic can't seem to be found. I think it's the PT9 which is not found on my system as i now have a PT10+PT9 bundled lic.

What should I do please?
I could send you my relevant details if needed. thanks
Old 07-15-2015, 07:05 PM

Just a follow up -
Send Avid CS an email, and i've got this sorted within the day. Right now, 10 and 11 is working on my machine.
thanks Avid.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Support cases are in progress for both, so please look for an email notice (check Inbox and Junk folders).

Regards,
JC
Hi,
planning on updating from my current PT 10 HD to PT 11 HD [ 10 included].
Has this Ilok/surrender situation been solved?

thanks in advance.

Sean McDonald
Red Medicine Recording LLC
Sofa King Music Services
http://www.seanmcdonald.com
Old 10-12-2015, 11:35 AM

I've just run into this problem as well.
Was trying to upgrade from PT 10 to PT 11 (which involved activating PT11 and surrendering PT10 in my ilok).
Due to some technical issues with my computer the upgrade didn't work, so trying to revert back to PT10 now. But I can't figure out how to activate PT10 again due to the surrender issues.
Can anyone help?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 11.34.35 AM.jpg (43.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-10-2015, 04:16 PM

Hello,

I purchased and activated Pro Tools 10+9 Student bundle back in 2011, I upgraded to Pro Tools 11 in 2013 but reverted back to 10 since my plugins were not compatible with 11.

I had to have a reinstall of my OS and a new harddrive put in recently and now all of my Pro Tools licenses are showing up as surrendered. I am very confused since before this reinstall my copy of Pro Tools 10 was working effortlessly, I am not too worried about what version I can access at this point, I would just love to have a working version again.

I have attached screenshots of the ilok manager, also I have troubleshot through every step I could and spoke with ilok support, they told me to contact Avid as this is not an issue they can resolve.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ilok_one.jpg (55.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ilok_two.jpg (48.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ilok_three.jpg (48.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-10-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talito View Post
I've just run into this problem as well.
Was trying to upgrade from PT 10 to PT 11 (which involved activating PT11 and surrendering PT10 in my ilok).
Due to some technical issues with my computer the upgrade didn't work, so trying to revert back to PT10 now. But I can't figure out how to activate PT10 again due to the surrender issues.
Can anyone help?
You must have solved this since posting - Your Pro Tools 10 license was surrendered when you upgraded to 11 - the Pro Tools 11 Bundle is active on your iLok 2.
Old 11-10-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrisk View Post
Hello,

I purchased and activated Pro Tools 10+9 Student bundle back in 2011, I upgraded to Pro Tools 11 in 2013 but reverted back to 10 since my plugins were not compatible with 11.

I had to have a reinstall of my OS and a new harddrive put in recently and now all of my Pro Tools licenses are showing up as surrendered. I am very confused since before this reinstall my copy of Pro Tools 10 was working effortlessly, I am not too worried about what version I can access at this point, I would just love to have a working version again.

I have attached screenshots of the ilok manager, also I have troubleshot through every step I could and spoke with ilok support, they told me to contact Avid as this is not an issue they can resolve.
The PT11 Free Sdnt Upgrade in your account is showing as Activated (it's on your iLok 2) so that is not the problem. What specific version of Pro Tools did you install?
Old 11-11-2015, 12:58 AM

Default Annual Upgrade Plan - PT10/11 to 12 ??? [solved]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
The PT11 Free Sdnt Upgrade in your account is showing as Activated (it's on your iLok 2) so that is not the problem. What specific version of Pro Tools did you install?
Jeffro, bbrisk, maybe this is a problem with the upgrade bbrisk bought? Can,t remember precise details, but there were several versions of the upgrade depending on what exactly you were surrendering.

bbrisk, I don't suppose you were someone who bought the wrong upgrade and had to get Avid's help to solve it? That might have caused the problem?

People who had Pro 9+10 bundled licenses and then upgraded to 11 should have been given a 10+11 license bundle when the old bundle was surrendered, even with student upgrades.

As far as I know, and of course I may be wrong, the only people who would have a PT11 license on its own, i.e. without a PT10 together with it in a bundle, are people buying a new PT11 license and not a upgrade.

I don't recall any upgrade scenario back in 2013 where an existing PT10 owner upgrading to PT11 would lose their access to run PT10. Abid specifically gave PT10 licenses out with PT11 upgrades precisely because so many plugins hadn't been converted to AAX.

Apart from the hiccup a couple of months ago (which has now been corrected by Avid) where people buying the cheapest upgrade to PT12 were not being given PT10/11 licenses, all PT12 and PT11 owners should still have access to PT10.

Hopefully this will be simple for Avid to solve for you.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)
Old 11-11-2015, 07:46 AM

I installed Pro Tools 9 from the disc and then assumed after that was installed then I would install the upgrade to 10, I am not sure how the process works to be honest, when I get home I could try installing 10 or 11 and see if they work. The thing that confused me the most is the only thing that's showing as active on my iLok is that eventide plugin. Even though I upgraded to 11 I was able to use 10 with no issues for quite some time.