How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2016, 08:30 PM

Default Re: Please Help | Issues with I/O Constantly

Hey Stellarmas.

No worries. I was just curious as to what may be different at your location. Can you read the tag on the device? Probably located near the power cord. It may list the voltage and frequency. Did you buy it locally? You could ask the manufacturer about known issues, or perhaps verify that it should work with what you have etc.

I took a quick look and it appears that your electrical system runs at 50 Hz.

Also, I saw a short known issue with audio above 44.1 Khz. Did you try 44.1K?

HTH.

Steve.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:41 AM

Hi, does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this issue as it is still ongoing?

Thanks
Old 08-19-2016, 06:59 AM

Are you using the Pro Tools aggregate device as the playback engine? If so, change it to the Saffire.
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
Old 08-19-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Are you using the Pro Tools aggregate device as the playback engine? If so, change it to the Saffire.

Hi dude thanks, no I am using the Saffire as the playback engine as you said. I definately feel like its the Saffire software and Pro Tools software conflicting with each other as I always get pop-ups when opening Pro Tools that the I/Os have changed when I have actually changed nothing myself!
Old 08-19-2016, 08:33 AM

Another thing to try is option-click the Default button in I/O Setup to reset everything. In the past that has cleared up I/O strangeness here.
MOTU M4 on MacBook Air M2 2023 Sonoma.4.1
Old 08-19-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Another thing to try is option-click the Default button in I/O Setup to reset everything. In the past that has cleared up I/O strangeness here.

Yeah, I have done that loads of times man but like i said next time i open Pro Tools again it says there has been changes to the IO's even though I haven't changed a thing so that's why I think it must be a conflict between Pro Tools and Saffire Mix Control although I am unsure what to do about it.

Could someone send me images of their Pro Tools I/O layouts that I could save as a template and see if that helps at all?

All I normally use through my Saffire is the two mics inputs so it's a basic setup.

Thanks
Old 08-23-2016, 04:12 AM

Hey everyone, last ditch effort here as this issue is 100% keeping me from recording any music

The best and clearest way i can describe this issue is this:

My hardware device (Saffire Pro 24 DSP) can pick up the signal from my two mics with no issues as I can see the input meter rising

The Saffire Mix Control software whch accompanies my hardware device can also pick up the signals from the two mics with no issues whatsoever

My only issue is that Pro Tools does not pick up any sound input at all. I have tried various methods to fix this issue over a long period of time which has included deleting all the I/O paths and setting back to default and saving this and also changing my sample rate, making sure my hardware device is my Saffire, changing the Hz settings but nothing is helping.

If anyone has any knowledge about this can they please shed some light on it! I would appreciate it alot as all I wanna do is record some music lol

Just to add to this ---- my MIDI keyboard works fine and Pro Tools pick up the signal coming from it with no issues!

Thanks,
Paddy

Last edited by stellarmass; 08-23-2016 at 04:39 AM.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:29 AM

Anybody out there think they can assist with this?