Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 12-09-2015, 12:50 PM

Default Error AAE-6117

Hi

I'm trying to run PT First on a Windows 10 laptop. I've installed ASIO4All and also the drivers for a Peavey Xport but am unable to get past this error.

I've tried holding down N when the app is booting but it still shows the error. It just states you will directed to the playback engine. When I click OK it give the above error then states the selected audio device could not be initialized.

The driver for the soundcard is a realtek HD audio driver.

Any help appreciated, John.
Old 12-09-2015, 01:16 PM
Avid

Default Re: Error AAE-6117

Hello Spacerock,

Quote:
Hi

I'm trying to run PT First on a Windows 10 laptop. I've installed ASIO4All and also the drivers for a Peavey Xport but am unable to get past this error.

I've tried holding down N when the app is booting but it still shows the error. It just states you will directed to the playback engine. When I click OK it give the above error then states the selected audio device could not be initialized.

The driver for the soundcard is a realtek HD audio driver.

Any help appreciated, John.
Your doing the right steps, however Pro Tools First is not yet qualified for Windows 10 and that might be what's causing the issue.

Regards,
RC