Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2013, 05:54 AM

Default Predefined Inserts on Every Newly Created Track?

So I obviously know you can make a template, but with any newly imported/created tracks, to that specific track, your template is obviously no longer relevant. The only thing which can really be predefined is the output (which in most cases needs to be changed anyway) and the input, in a logical way. I was wondering if with the creation of a certain kind or simply with all new tracks, if it's possible to have a determined plug-in be inserted automatically (e.g. a trim/gain plug at the end to function as perhaps a kind of attenuation pad, or e.g., a meter). Thanks!
Old 11-08-2013, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Predefined Inserts on Every Newly Created Track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoon859 View Post
So I obviously know you can make a template, but with any newly imported/created tracks, to that specific track, your template is obviously no longer relevant. The only thing which can really be predefined is the output (which in most cases needs to be changed anyway) and the input, in a logical way. I was wondering if with the creation of a certain kind or simply with all new tracks, if it's possible to have a determined plug-in be inserted automatically (e.g. a trim/gain plug at the end to function as perhaps a kind of attenuation pad, or e.g., a meter). Thanks!

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/home...ls-11-mac.html

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:47 AM

Very cool. Thank you! I was clearly searching with the wrong things when looking for this since I guess I wasn't expecting the potential solution to be of this nature. Thanks again!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:48 AM

So perhaps the following may be a bit much, but in a similar way, maybe the following might be possible. Nothing immediately comes to my mind but would there be a similar way of doing something like this for importing tracks as well, rather than just for creating blank new ones? Currently, Pro Tools just creates it on the default/appropriate track type so I'm thinking there may be a way to trick it by having the default track that it references be one of your own (with the inserts which you already want on it)? Obviously you won't get to choose WHICH audio tracks get created on that one which you changed it to (it would have to be all of them), but that would still save lots of time. Easier to remove a few inserts than to find and add the one(s) you need for most of the other tracks. Thanks again, sincerely!

Last edited by Typhoon859; 11-10-2013 at 07:12 AM.