Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2013, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Place your bets..

Quote:
Originally Posted by derker View Post
*Give* us some of the ideascale stuff we've been screaming about for years, and 11r's culture *will* change significantly.

This is what it's all about. What's the point of an idea scale if no one seems to be listening?
Old 01-11-2013, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Houseknecht View Post
And you'd be wrong.

Because I'm a guitarist, and because I suffer from GAS, I had a weak moment where I actually broke down and bought an Axe-II.

Didn't like it. It let me down twice at two separate gigs. Just plain locked up and stopped generating audio. Then, once I had my sound all tweaked in, the new firmware update changed all of that.

On top of all of that, I felt dirty and slimy for buying the product I said I'd never buy. At least I lucked out and sold it when there was still a waiting list. Got more than I paid for it.
The locking up, I believe, may have been linked to a documents bug with high-traffic MIDI data when then Axe FX is not connected to USB and is set to pass MIDI over USB. Switching that off fixed the problem for me.

Not sure which firmware update you were on, but since around firmware 7, I think, there is an option in the system to select the modelling you want to use. So even if you are on firmware 9 you could use the modelling from firmware 7, which deals with the issue of firmware updates messing with your tweaked sound. Also there is of course the issue of whether the changes introduced in the new firmware actually improves the modelling, in which case it might be worth the effort to reprogram patches.

At least you got more than you paid for it :) (also, this is my last post in this thread regarding the Axe FX II. Back on topic: place your bets! I would love to see the Eleven plug-in updated with the expansion back. I would be tempted to buy it to much around. However since the AAX version was just released sans expansion of any sort, odds are close to nil )
Old 01-11-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqlw View Post
If anyone else is curious, I tracked down the aliasing post
Maybe I misread the graph last time i saw it Informative research though.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:36 PM

Okay, their shares are rock bottom..they must turn it around this quarter.. they are a hardware company...
So i go for .. A new interface that will INCLUDE the eleven rack and come with PT11 64bit

It will seem like Christmas all over again