Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM

Default Identical Unique IDs??

I'm in a strange situation. I am importing OMF Compositions (referencing external media) from a Media Composer. When first creating this session, the session is able to find all necessary media. At some point I save and close. When I try to reopen that session, I get a window that states "Some regions were removed from the timeline because the media was too short." and of course, a few regions disappear for what I last saved and closed! Yikes!

I then attempt to reimport the original OMF tracks, and it cannot find the media. I manually use the RELINK window to link the media. When I search for all candidates, I get a list of different sound file names, all with THE SAME UNIQUE ID! Another Yikes!

I point it toward the correct file version that I base off of matching filesize and filename, but when I save and close and reopen again, I suffer the same problem with the same regions disappearing.

The instant short term solution is to CONSOLIDATE the regions that I know are going to disappear when I reopen the session, but the Identical Unique IDs really concerns me....

Any help would be appreciated

Gary