Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-16-2003, 12:27 AM

Default writing plugin automation with remote MIDI controller

hi-
i used to write plug in automation with my peavey PC 1600 midi control surface.
i no longer have it and am wondering if it is possible to write plug in automation using say, the mod wheel or data slider on my kurzweil k2000.

i'll be damned if i can figure out how to do it.
(forgive me for stating the obvious here)
even if you knew the CC numbers for the plugin parameters....plugins are on audio/aux channels (not midi).

is remotely writing plugin automation only possible with dedicated MIDI controllers that you can enable in the Periphrials (controllers tab) dialogue?

as much as i practice drawing automation, i am never as satisfied with the result as when i enter the data with a physical controller (other than a mouse

i have done an exhaustive search on the DUC and cannot find anything on the subject.

thanks to all.

pL

Digi 001, PTLE 5.1.3cs (32 track), b/w g3450, os 9.2.2