Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2015, 10:37 AM

Default Pro tools can't find "help" menus

I spent all day yesterday trying to figure this. Sometimes I get things sooo screwed up. I'm using 9.06...I think that's the latest version of 9. I've managed to get the help menus to be "not accessible" through the normal "help" button when I have Pro tools open...message says "cannot find"

I'm running as iMac 10.6.8 with a 002R interface.
One day last week I accidentally lost the PT icon in the dock. Stupid me tried many things including getting an icon on the desk top......not real sure how I did that! But there it is.........then I got another icon back to the dock, which works, but I'm afraid I've split something out of what loads when I load PT. But the help menus are not in that icon on the desk top. I found them down in the Digidesign folder. So I can get to them but it would be nice to have them back where they belong

My sessions work fine....nothing missing there (as of late last night)
Does anyone have an idea how to get those menus back in the help button?
Thanks
Tim
Old 02-23-2015, 10:25 AM

Default Re: Pro tools can't find "help" menus

got it solved. I just had to move some files back in to their correct home! Thanks to Wes at Sweetwater tech support.