How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2013, 02:26 PM

Default Specific Sampler Plugin w/ PT

I'm looking for a sampler / drum plugin that can do the following:

a) Import / drag samples straight from PT sessions.

b) Trigger the sample via MIDI and allow you to play different and correct pitches for each key.

c) The ability to loop the samples within the plugin.

Structure Free is the only plugin I know of that can do almost all these things... you can drag samples right from PT sessions, then it automatically triggers the sample to each key allowing you to play the samples on your MIDI controller in all different pitches.. but it does not have the ability to loop samples, which is a huge bummer for me. So what plugin can do A, B AND C?
Old 08-22-2013, 05:20 PM

Question Re: Specific Sampler Plugin w/ PT

Maybe Structure (not free)?
Old 08-22-2013, 06:18 PM

Default Re: Specific Sampler Plugin w/ PT

Vengeance Sound has the best and coolest sampler/multiplayer in the world and itis called "Phalanx" comes with 6000 sample library and we use it on every release since it came out! And these guys made it both AAX64 and AAX 32 bit from the start which proves the talent and CS satisfaction.

Maybe 250 dollars is too expensive but the list of features is truly astonishing

http://www.vengeance-sound.com/ and goto "plugins" and you can watch demos, audio samples and ...
DEMO to come very shortly! I know it sounds like I work there but we are just a very satisfied customer

Best Regards and hope you find what you are looking for
Christopher

... and my 1000th post too

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-22-2013, 07:08 PM

There's no demo for Phalanx yet...
Old 08-22-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chingy View Post
There's no demo for Phalanx yet...
I stand corrected and they said by the 18th of august on FB so I thought that it was posted in the demo section but thanks for posting that. I guess it will be added shortly though. Edited my first post so no confusion

Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 08-22-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Vengeance Sound has the best and coolest sampler/multiplayer in the world and itis called "Phalanx" comes with 6000 sample library and we use it on every release since it came out! And these guys made it both AAX64 and AAX 32 bit from the start which proves the talent and CS satisfaction.

Maybe 250 dollars is too expensive but the list of features is truly astonishing

http://www.vengeance-sound.com/ and goto "plugins" and you can watch demos, audio samples and ...
DEMO to come very shortly! I know it sounds like I work there but we are just a very satisfied customer

Best Regards and hope you find what you are looking for
Christopher

... and my 1000th post too
cool thanks a lot man! so you can drag and drop samples into the plugin straight from pro tools, easily play the sample in each key via midi AND loop samples??? can you really do all three with that plugin?
Old 08-23-2013, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbee View Post

so you can drag and drop samples into the plugin straight from pro tools, easily play the sample in each key via midi AND loop samples??? can you really do all three with that plugin?

I don't think you can drag and drop from the PT timeline with any sampler in PT11.

Structure cannot / will not be able to offer that functionality any more, due to the way it was implemented originally, vs how it needs to be implemented in PT11 - it will be reintroduced in a future update to Structure, but that sounds like its a way off.

More info here.

As for the other features you require - take your pick, as any commercially available sampler allows you to keymap, and loop etc (Structure Free does't because its a free utility plug-in, designed to entice you in to buying the full version), whether you choose a plug-in like Mach Five, or Kontakt, or prefer to rewire something like Ableton Live, and use "Sampler".

Of course if you opt for a plug-in, it needs to be available in the 64bit AAX format to work directly in PT11.
Old 08-23-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianbee View Post
cool thanks a lot man! so you can drag and drop samples into the plugin straight from pro tools, easily play the sample in each key via midi AND loop samples??? can you really do all three with that plugin?
Well we have dragged and dropped vocals from an audio track take straight into the Phalanx but if you wanna play with the sounds and add effects from the great Phalanx Effects and be able to note repeat and loop etc you can add that sound to the "librarian" that is very cool feature and then you can do whatever you want to that sound 😃 It really is a great product and just the sounds alone with all the drum samples, leads, stabs etc (6000+) are well worth the 250 usd no doubt!

And it works GREAT in Pro Tools 11HD aswell as PT10HD with AAX 64 bit/32 bit so check out the demo videos and compared to say Structure it is a Ferrari fully loaded and Structure feels old, dated and booring with only "basic" features. We have the fll version of Kontakt5, Structure Full and a few other wayyy more expensive samplers/players and they don't come close. Not even NI Batteri or Kontakt 5 can measure up as they feel dated BUT it all depends on what music you make. Phalanx is geared towards more EDM/DANCE/POP - House etc and not a feel good strings player for example

Best
Chris

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————