Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2023, 10:27 AM

Default Re: StreamDeck integration with DADman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSloth View Post
There’s no subscription specifically for the MOMDeck plugin, but you do need a subscription to soundflow, and then you have to pay $70 for the MOMDeck software… Curious how they get away with that without pissing off DAD.
My understanding of DAD's position is they neither or endorse these third-party products, and that changes in DADman are liable to break the integration. Myself, I'm reluctant to take any compensation for something which I can't support (not that I want to be in the software business again anyway, but that's another story).
Old 07-11-2023, 06:09 PM

Default StreamDeck integration with DADman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
My understanding of DAD's position is they neither or endorse these third-party products, and that changes in DADman are liable to break the integration. Myself, I'm reluctant to take any compensation for something which I can't support (not that I want to be in the software business again anyway, but that's another story).

Yeah, that’s what feels super sketchy about them charging 70 bucks for the software. An update to DADMan could break the integration tomorrow, and Schoeps sure as sh*t isn’t returning anyone’s money. You’re certainly going about it the right way Luke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2023, 07:11 AM

Hi Luke,
thanks for that plugin! As I'm using a MOM, I'd love to use my streamdeck for all the custom buttons. Would be SO COOL if we had the option to assign all these custom buttons to ONE streamdeck page.
Old 11-30-2023, 05:29 PM

Hey Luke, thanks for making this, works great so far!

Just curious, would it be possible to allow the user to adjust the ballistics of the knob on a Streamdeck +? It would be great if when I turned the knob faster, the volume level increased/decreased at a faster rate.

Thanks!
Old 01-30-2024, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
Hi Luke,
thanks for that plugin! As I'm using a MOM, I'd love to use my streamdeck for all the custom buttons. Would be SO COOL if we had the option to assign all these custom buttons to ONE streamdeck page.
This is still not possible right? We can't have the same "button" from 2 different layers on the same streamdeck page? I just used up all the buttons for sources on a Streamdeck XL, and would like to add a few more sources but can't quite figure this out without moving to the separate layer page. So I'm assuming it's not possible?
Old 01-30-2024, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by studioj11 View Post
This is still not possible right? We can't have the same "button" from 2 different layers on the same streamdeck page? I just used up all the buttons for sources on a Streamdeck XL, and would like to add a few more sources but can't quite figure this out without moving to the separate layer page. So I'm assuming it's not possible?
No, that's not possible. But you can create multiple virtual MOMs using IP aliases. There's more about this in the README.
Old 01-30-2024, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeHoward View Post
No, that's not possible. But you can create multiple virtual MOMs using IP aliases. There's more about this in the README.
Right on thx!!
This has been working so well. Thx for building it and making it available!
Old 04-11-2024, 01:59 PM

Hey! Wondering if anyone has had luck setting up multiple mom's with Luke's streamdeck plugin? I've followed the readme, but there are still a couple of things that are unclear. Perhaps someone can chime in and answer if they know.

1. When setting up the networks, do you absolutely have to use built in ethernet or can you use any interface? Does it have to be an interface that's currently connected?

2. Is there anything I need to do within device list in dadman?

3. When creating mom's in Dadman, do I need to assign each mom to an IP address first? It seems like I can see the IP's I made for the most part, but some and occasionally all of them are grey and unable to be selected.

4. Is there something I need to do to get the newly created IP addresses to show up in the streamdeck app under the device link section?

Thanks again Luke for making this. Has worked great as a single-mom, just having a bit of confusion on how to expand it.
Old 04-11-2024, 02:54 PM

Quote:
1. When setting up the networks, do you absolutely have to use built in ethernet or can you use any interface? Does it have to be an interface that's currently connected?
Best to use your primary network interface, one that is up all the time. I suggest assigning a static IP address to this interface rather than using DHCP, so that the primary address of the interface comes up first. Otherwise protocols like EuCon and Dante will get confused.

Don't forget to enable virtual device router mode in the plugin, you need to quit StreamDeck and enter the following in Terminal:

Code:
defaults write com.padl.monitoroperatingmodule.sdPlugin EnablePluginRouter -int 2
Quote:
2. Is there anything I need to do within device list in dadman?
They'll appear as separate MOMs with distinct IP addresses, there's nothing special you need to do.

Quote:
3. When creating mom's in Dadman, do I need to assign each mom to an IP address first? It seems like I can see the IP's I made for the most part, but some and occasionally all of them are grey and unable to be selected.
Each StreamDeck action (i.e. MOM key) is associated with a virtual MOM, which you can configure in the StreamDeck app itself.

Quote:
4. Is there something I need to do to get the newly created IP addresses to show up in the streamdeck app under the device link section?
They should show up as long as EnablePluginRouter is set as noted above.
Old 04-11-2024, 03:14 PM

Thank you so much Luke. Appreciate the reply!!

If I'm understanding correctly then, I create as many mom's as I need in dadman and leave them "unassigned" in the mom tab of monitor profile? Then I should assign the mom buttons to the different mom's I've set up in dadman using the streamdeck app?