Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support


Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-27-2017, 01:51 PM
Voideco's Avatar
Voideco Voideco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
Posts: 865
Default Unrar app for MAC

Does anybody know a good unrar application for mac? ArchiveX is the first one that appeared on my google search but the page is not on air anymore. So that one is out of reach for me.

Then I tried another file that was announced as an unrar app but when I installed it I got MacKeeper aaaarrghhhh!!!! Now I have to get rid of that disastrous monster app because it starts popping up in the most inconvenient ways but I'll have that fixed soon.

Then I installed Izip but that just doesn't want to unpack the Falcon soundbank which came as a rar. I can go on trying and trying but each time I dl & install an app, I get malicious software that screws my system or the app just plainly don't work. I don't wanna go by trial and error because I don't have a backup from my system yet (coming soon though) and if I f*ck my sytem I'll be screwed all over the place big time.

So if anybody can just give me a link to a trouble-free unrar app, or maybe even better send me one that'd be awesome.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-27-2017, 01:55 PM
john1192 john1192 is online now
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Woodland Hills
Posts: 5,704
Default Re: Unrar app for MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallie View Post
Does anybody know a good unrar application for mac? ArchiveX is the first one that appeared on my google search but the page is not on air anymore. So that one is out of reach for me.

Then I tried another file that was announced as an unrar app but when I installed it I got MacKeeper aaaarrghhhh!!!! Now I have to get rid of that disastrous monster app because it starts popping up in the most inconvenient ways but I'll have that fixed soon.

Then I installed Izip but that just doesn't want to unpack the Falcon soundbank which came as a rar. I can go on trying and trying but each time I dl & install an app, I get malicious software that screws my system or the app just plainly don't work. I don't wanna go by trial and error because I don't have a backup from my system yet (coming soon though) and if I f*ck my sytem I'll be screwed all over the place big time.

So if anybody can just give me a link to a trouble-free unrar app, or maybe even better send me one that'd be awesome.
pretty sure this is the one that opens when i have an RAR file to deal with ..
__________________
OS 10.12.6 for PT 11.3.2 & 12.4 & above
Mac Pro 6-core 3.33ghz (2012) 24gb ram 256gb SSD
Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS10.12.6 - PT 12.4 & above
lynx AES16e-SRC & Aurora 16
Artist Transport & iPad - Pro |Control - EuCon 3.7 (older Euphonix Branded MC Transport)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-27-2017, 01:58 PM
ChuckS ChuckS is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,167
Default Re: Unrar app for MAC

One of the old standards: http://my.smithmicro.com/stuffit-expander-mac.html
__________________
PT 2019.6 DP 10.01 VEP 7.x Komplete Audio6 HP Envy 8G i7 Quad Laptop Win10 (x64 1909)
PT 2019.6 DP 10.01 VEP 7.x 828mkII ADA8200 MTP-AV 2011 Mac Mini i7 Quad High Sierra.6
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-27-2017, 02:00 PM
Kris75's Avatar
Kris75 Kris75 is offline
Space Cabin Audio
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,553
Default Re: Unrar app for MAC

Keka

We use this for both compression and extraction as it also support the 7z format. So far it works very well.
__________________
Sign up for all things....AWESOME!




Kris
May the music move you
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-27-2017, 02:07 PM
TrentWilliams TrentWilliams is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 811
Default Re: Unrar app for MAC

UnrarX and The Unarchiver
__________________
Pro Tools 2019.6|Ultimate, UAD Apollo 8, UAD Octo+Quad Satellite, UAD Apollo Twin Quad Core, Focusrite 8PreXiMac 27" Late 2013 - 3.5GHz i7 - macOS 10.14.4 • RAM 32GB DDR3, GPU NVidia GTX 780M 4GB
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-27-2017, 02:08 PM
Voideco's Avatar
Voideco Voideco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
Posts: 865
Default Re: Unrar app for MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by john1192 View Post
pretty sure this is the one that opens when i have an RAR file to deal with ..
Can't see which one you mean but I'll see....
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-27-2017, 02:08 PM
Voideco's Avatar
Voideco Voideco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
Posts: 865
Default Re: Unrar app for MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Thanks Chuck, I'll check it out when I'm behind my mac.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-27-2017, 02:10 PM
Voideco's Avatar
Voideco Voideco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
Posts: 865
Default Re: Unrar app for MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris75 View Post
Keka

We use this for both compression and extraction as it also support the 7z format. So far it works very well.
Wow Kris thank you very much. A link so I won't get lost in the bush and from an Avid partner this must be a reliable one. I'll check it out immediately. Thank you very much!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-27-2017, 02:20 PM
Voideco's Avatar
Voideco Voideco is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Alkmaar, Netherlands
Posts: 865
Default Re: Unrar app for MAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris75 View Post
Keka

We use this for both compression and extraction as it also support the 7z format. So far it works very well.
Kris that worked like a wet dream

Thank you so much! Now I can start to use Falcon
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-27-2017, 02:21 PM
clausiii's Avatar
clausiii clausiii is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 1,801
Default Re: Unrar app for MAC

+1 Unarchiver
__________________
My ears! My ears!
clausiii
-----------------
MacBook Pro i7 Quad 2.6GHz 16GB RAM
ProTools 2019.5
Digidesign Command|8
macOS Mojave
MOTU 4pre
MOTU Track16
Axiom Pro 25
LinnStrument 128
Roli Seaboard Block

tons of stomp boxes
tube amps
guitars
noise
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2008, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited. Forum Hosted By: URLJet.com